1951

a/n: filler, only 196 words lmao

One day, Stanley Uris's mother asked the boy his favorite animal.

He replied and said, "It's a dove, mommy." 

You see, Stan had to think at first. He didn't know what his favorite animal was. So he thought for a moment, about all the animals he knew. The curly headed little boy enjoyed spending time in the kindergarten library, where he found a book on birds. It was awfully written, but Stan loved the pictures. An auburn colored hawk, much like his friend Bill's hair, soaring through the sky on page 4.  A red cardinal eating seed out of a young girls hand on page 8. A petite dove perched on a tree branch on page 6.

The librarian, who was one of Stan's favorite teachers, had told him that birds can symbolize things. That intrigued Stan, so he asked what the prettiest bird, the dove symbolized. Hope, honesty, peace, and another word that he didn't know, pronounced 'pure-it-e.' 

"A dove?" His mother asked, running a brush through his hair.

"Because they're pretty." Stan giggled. "They give me hope, mommy."

"Hope." His mother chuckled.

"And peace." Stan pointed out, unamused. 

"I think you're life's peaceful as it is honey, enjoy it."

"Maybe someday I'll need it."