Chapter 2 : The Unlikely Heroes

The neon glow of Bangkok's nightlife was a beacon for the city's sleepless souls, and among them were Sea Tawinan and his eclectic band of brothers. They were an unlikely group of heroes, if one could call them that, with a penchant for stumbling into success with the grace of a cat falling off a ledge.

Sea was the ringleader, a man whose sassy remarks were as quick as the shots from his pistol—often misfired, but always with style. His friends, Dunk, mix , Gun, and New, were a collection of the city's most lovable rogues, each with a heart of gold and a head full of air.

They lounged in their favorite haunt, a bar that was as colorful and unpredictable as they were. The air was thick with the scent of cheap beer and cheaper cologne, a mix that somehow spelled home to them.

"To the man who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat," Dunk toasted, nodding at Sea with a smirk.

Sea raised his glass with a grin. "And to the brains that couldn't power a lightbulb. Cheers!"

The laughter that followed was hearty and genuine. Mix , the so-called strategist whose plans often unraveled faster than a ball of yarn, clapped Sea on the back. "At least we're not as dim as the bulbs in this place."

New , whose biceps were only outmatched by his inability to remember the safety was on, chuckled. "We're the brightest bulbs in the box, just... not switched on all the time."

Gun , the quiet one with a knack for dramatic entrances—usually tripping through the doorway—raised his glass. "To being switched on at the right moments. Like taking down a mafia boss."

The group cheered, clinking glasses in a toast to their recent, albeit accidental, victory. They had managed to play a part in the demise of Arthit Jitaraphol , a feat that was more luck than skill, but they wore it like a badge of honor.

Sea stood, swaying slightly as he surveyed his friends. "We may not be the sharpest tools in the shed, but we're the sassiest. And that's got to count for something."

Dunk nodded, his expression serious for a moment before breaking into a wide grin. "It counts for everything when you're as charming as we are."

The night continued with more toasts, each more ridiculous than the last, as they celebrated their own foolishness and the friendship that made them invincible. They were the kings of their own little world, a world where being sassy was just as important as being smart.

Sea threw an arm around Dunk's shoulder. "Remember, if we get caught, I'm the foreign ambassador and you're my translator."

Dunk hiccuped a laugh. "And I only speak gibberish."

The group erupted into laughter once more, ready to follow their sassy leader into whatever folly awaited them. They were young, they were foolish, and they were the best kind of trouble Bangkok had ever seen.

---

As the laughter from their previous toast died down, Gun, whose name was a constant source of irony given his aversion to actual firearms, cleared his throat. The group turned to him, their expressions a mix of curiosity and inebriated focus.

"Guys, as much as I love our rooftop shenanigans, we've got work tomorrow," Gun slurred slightly, trying to sound serious but only managing to look like a cat who'd gotten into the cream. "And by work, I mean the kind that actually pays for this... sophisticated lifestyle."

Sea, who was in the middle of trying to balance a spoon on his nose, let the utensil clatter to the table. "Work? Oh, you mean that place where we pretend to know law stuff and wear fancy suits?"

Dunk, who had been nodding off, suddenly perked up. "Suits! Yes, I love suits. They make me feel like a superhero... with a briefcase!"

Mix , ever the voice of reason, even when three sheets to the wind, added, "We do more than wear suits, Dunk. We're the brains behind the brawn at the firm. Remember?"

New, who had been quietly observing the antics, chimed in with a smirk. "Brains? Last time I checked, we spent the meeting debating if a hotdog is a sandwich."

The group erupted into laughter, the absurdity of their day jobs as 'respected' law firm employees contrasting wildly with their true natures. Sea raised his glass once more, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"To the most prestigious law firm in Thailand, where the cases are as real as my love life!"

Gun shook his head, a smile tugging at his lips. "We're doomed."

Dunk leaned over to Mix , whispering loudly enough for everyone to hear, "Do you think they'll notice if I wear my superhero cape under the suit?"

Mix  facepalmed, while Sea nodded solemnly. "Only if you save the day, Dunk. Only if you save the day."

As the night wore on, the friends continued their revelry, unaware of the sobering reality that awaited them in the morning. But for now, they were content to live in the moment, the kings of their own whimsical world.