꒰ 012 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: twelve
♡ ﹙the wedding﹚ ❋  ˚  ݂ ꛒ

"Still, we can turn around at the next exit and watch a horror movie while I eat a big bowl of popcorn," Lydia said with a pout.

Carlisle chuckled softly as he glanced quickly at the girl.

"Lydia, you've made me turn back four times since we left your house, and we're going to miss our flight if we keep this up," he spoke calmly. He knew Lydia was a bit nervous about the whole situation, so he tried not to pressure her.

She rolled her eyes. That was precisely the point, but she had already confirmed her attendance, and deep down, she wanted to show off her boyfriend to everyone. And everyone meant Lilian and Jonah.

Carlisle, in a handsome custom-made suit, strutting around a bunch of mere mortals, was definitely going to anger Lilian and damage Jonah's massive ego. He just wanted to see their expressions and laugh in their faces.

"I'm sorry. I'm nervous, and I can almost predict that Lilian and I will make a scene in front of everyone," Lydia said.

"I won't let that happen," he smiled and took her hand.

"I know."

The flight lasted a couple of hours, and they arrived shortly after eight in the evening at Rochester International Airport, where a taxi took them to their hotel. Carlisle was in charge of carrying the suitcases, although there were only two. They had arrived on Friday night, the wedding was on Saturday night, and they would return on Sunday morning.

Once in their room, Lydia realized that she had never shared a bed with Carlisle. She knew he didn't sleep, but she wasn't sure if he would accompany her to bed or do something else while waiting for dawn. There were still many things she didn't know about how Carlisle's life worked.

"I'll take a bath," she said to distract herself from that thought.

Carlisle was carefully taking out his outfit for the next day to avoid wrinkling it.

"Alright. Call if you need anything."

She took her things to the bathroom and locked herself in. Her head was about to explode, or maybe her hormones. She reminded herself that she was no longer a horny seventeen-year-old teenager... although it had been a while since there had been much action. Since she broke up with Jonah, there had been no one in Lydia's life until Carlisle came along, and to be honest... she felt very needy.

This was not the time to think about that!

It took her a little longer than usual in the bathroom, and when she came out, she was already dressed in black and white checkered shorts and a basic gray blouse.

"You can use the bathroom if you want," she murmured.

Carlisle smiled, looking up from his reading.

"I guess a bath wouldn't hurt," they both knew he didn't need it, but Carlisle could hear Lydia's racing heartbeat and wanted to give her a moment alone to relax.