꒰ 039 !

chapter┊ ✦

chapter┊ ✦. :: thirty nine
♡ ﹙ happy ever after﹚ ❋ ˚ ݂ ꛒ

[ S I X • M O N T H S • L A T E R ]

—Edward, that doesn't go there. I've told you a million times it goes on the other side," Alice said to her brother, clearly annoyed.

Edward looked at her, not understanding. He almost felt like rolling his eyes and sighing, but he restrained himself.

"No, you told me it goes right here. That's why I put it right here," he replied with a slightly grumpy tone.

Alice sighed tiredly but then smiled.

"Everything has to be perfect. I've been organizing this for over a year, and none of you are going to ruin it. This will be the perfect wedding Lydia and Carlisle deserve."

"What do I do with these things?" Emmett asked from inside the house, holding up a blue plastic box.

Alice seemed even more irritated than before.

"We'll put them in the trees and then hang the lights. Is that so hard to understand? The blue boxes have the lights, the green ones have artificial flowers, the pink ones have crystals, and the yellow ones have other decorations. The natural flowers will arrive in two hours. I've repeated this ten times in the last fifteen minutes. Is anyone even paying attention to me?" She shook her head while placing her hands on her hips. Then she entered the house and smiled upon seeing Maven running past with Seth chasing him. She then went upstairs to Carlisle's room and knocked a couple of times.

"Come in," Rosalie's voice responded.

Alice entered, glancing back to make sure no one was nearby. She closed the door behind her and looked eagerly at Lydia, who was trying on her wedding dress for the final adjustments.

Lydia gazed at herself in the improvised mirrors and could hardly believe what she saw. She had never felt so beautiful in her entire life. She was truly happy.

It was a long, lace-filled white dress with a long train, long sleeves, and a sweetheart neckline. There was some beading adorning the train, gradually fading as it moved up, giving it a sparkling touch. The veil was also quite long but in harmony with the dress, not overshadowing it. Lydia still remembered the dress she was going to marry Jonah in, and she couldn't recall ever feeling as happy and excited as she did at that moment. This was her dream dress.

"Doesn't she look beautiful?" Esme asked with a smile.

Alice nodded enthusiastically, a wide grin from ear to ear.

"She's the most beautiful bride in the universe. Carlisle won't be able to contain his excitement."

Lydia felt tears welling up in her eyes; she couldn't handle so much emotion and happiness at once.