Ch 56: A Father's Deception & Revival

Rèmi’s POV

Tuesday, July 16th
1:10 PM

"Yuh nuh miss me?" I asked, kissing her cheek with my chest pressed against her back.

"Of course, wah kinda question that?" She smiled trying to push me off with her shoulder.

"Rèmi, let me go!" She said, growing frustrated. I chuckled and released her before leaning against the counter.

"Yuh good?" I asked her and she nodded with a smile.

"Yes, man. I'm enjoying this new routine but bwoy mi tired a evening time when mi come home. Cya seh it nuh worth it, yuh know?" She grabbed her hair and wrapped the scrunchie around it a few times.

"Mi soon cut still," I told her, folding my arms across my chest. She glanced at me and a sad smile graced her face.

See it deh. This man a run from eno.

I moved away and opened her fridge, taking out a bottle of water. Twisting the cap, I heard the cap pop before opening it and turning the bottle to my head. A sigh escaped my lips as I could feel her eyes on me.

The pity glances were making me feel uneasy.

"Rèmi," She said and I filled my mouth with water before swallowing.

"Coralynn, what's the problem?" I smirked and she laughed.

"Alright, mi nah go push. I'll be here when yuh ready," She assured me. I hummed, trying to rid my thoughts from my grieving.

Every tick a the bloodclaat clock mi brain cya catch a break. Tired a every fucking thing right now. Never know me could'a bawl suh dawg, swear. Coming like every man and dem mumma wah play God inna my life.

I can't believe it's been 9 days. It feels like an eternity since I've heard their laughter, or felt their presence. Every day feels like a never-ending nightmare I can't wake up from.

The pain is still raw, still suffocating. It's like a heavy weight is crushing my chest, making it hard to breathe. I can't help but wonder what I did to deserve this. Why did they have to die? Why were they pawns in Jonathan and Corey's fucked up game?

Kevon too, 'cause why the fuck him vehicle deh a the scene?

Memories of our childhood and time together haunt me every second of the day and before I close my eyes at night. I see their faces everywhere, hear their voices in the silence, and feel their absence in every fiber of my being. I can't help but replay our last moments together, wondering if there was something I could've done differently.

You couldn't do anything... At all.

Guilt and regret consume me. The sound of Nico's strained voice on the phone made my stomach sick over and over again. I feel lost and alone yet I still have my remaining loved ones around me. It's like I'm wandering through a dark forest with no escape.

The thought of a future without them is unbearable. I never imagined a life without Jamari's infectious laughter or Nico's endless rants.

I'm trying to hold on to the memories, to keep them close, but the pain is overwhelming and I find myself in my head every time. God knows I'm tired of crying too. I feel like I'm drowning in my grief, unable to find a lifeline to cling to. Right now, I wish we could go back in time and reverse every fucking thing that led up to this moment.

But deep down, I know it's impossible.

They're gone, and I'm left here, hurting, to pick up the pieces. The thought of moving on, of finding a way to heal, feels like a betrayal to their memory. I'm stuck in this abyss of grief, unsure of how to climb out.