~5~

Gojo quickly entered a quiet room where papers were shattered all over a small wooden desk. He completed the informations his hierarchy, and did'nt really need the curse's help. Once he finished, he got out and met the woman again.

- You are officially one of us now ! he shouted in an enthusiastic tone. We will be able to give you missions, if needed. You will have a room, your own uniform and the freedom to walk around the school as you wish. Yuji will still be there when you need to talk to Sukuna, but, as long as he acceptés listening to you, you will have as much talk with him as you like.

She sighed a bit as the other reminded her of the vessel's presence, as if she wasn't trusted enough.

Some thoughts were born into the teacher's mind. Meeting a curse with such knowledge of the situation wasn't a casual thing, and he desired more information. However, he let her know nothing of his doubts, fearing she would refuse cooperating afterwards.

- Do you know other curses like you ? he finally asked.

Amaya raised her eyebrow, slightly surprised.

- You mean... unregistered special grades ? she translated.

- Yes... Beings capable of talking like you aren't what we often see... he admitted.

This question seemed to surprised thé woman, who took time to think about it.

- I don't really talk to anybody except Sukuna... she confessed. I can't be sure that others don't exist, but I don't talk to them. I like spending time alone...

The exorcist seemed disappointed, before letting another detail capture his thoughts.

- Did you say you talked to Sukuna ? he repeated. Isn't that the first time it happened ?

Amaya turned her head, annoyed. She let a precious information concerning her life slip out of her lips.

- You ser... A thousand years ago, I was a human, she explained. Chance made me meet Sukuna, and I began talking to him... I saw him quite often at the time. Now, I'd be surprised of he could tell who I am... He did'nt seem to recognise he was talking to me !

Gojo's eyes opened wide.

- Why did you becomes a curse then ? he asked.

She let out a nervous chuckle.

- When exorcists of the time sealed him, I regretted not being able to make him change his mind and become a normal person... she confessed. I imagine those regrets ended up being the cause of me being turned to a curse after my death...

This story allowed the exorcist to realise what kind of person he was talking to.

- How would you care about a horrible person like Sukuna ? he asked, quite surprised.

The woman raised her shoulders.

- If you seek an answer, don't ask me... she said in a lowered tone. I don't even know why I care about him so much. I always hoped he would change... Being a curse was never my wish, but being such close to Sukuna, I could have picked a side in this war... If I decided now not to act against another fighting, I would feel guilty, that's all...

- You couldn't do much against him either way, the exorcist answered. It's not your fault.

She smiled a bit.

- That's why you were such calm when you talked to him, he did'nt scare you, the white-haired man continued. He was an olf friend of yours... Did he talk about you when he mentioned that woman he liked so much ?

She chuckled.

- Considering the few people he had around him, that might be me... she confessed. However, he didn't seem to realise who I was... You know, I changed, and... he probably believes I died long ago, since I was a human. I did'nt hear anything from him for a thousand years, perhaps it even seemed longer for him... I can't really know if he remembers me. If he forgot, I couldn't be mad...

She lowered her face, a sad look in her eyes. Trying to make her feel better, the exorcist decided to end this part of the discussion.

- Come on, I'm sending you into a mission ! he said in an enthusiastic tone. I wanted to give this one to m'y students, but you could as well go with them ? It would help you test your cooperation... Furthermore, thé level doesn't seem too high, you'll perfectly manage to do it together !

She nodded, and followed the teacher to his students, who kept training at the same place they left them.