Rainy Day

Not much to say about this one, it's just raining and Dust can't sleep because of it.

-

Killer woke up to a creak as his door was slowly pushed open. At first, the thought of an intruder crossed his mind but he was quickly reassured by Dust's unsure voice. "Kill?" She said and he groaned in response. 

He heard her walk closer before she eventually ducked under the covers of his bed. The flirt rubbed his eyes to clear his mind. He was not a morning person, depending on the day.

He checked his phone on his bedside table for the time. Never mind that he wasn't a morning person, Dust was just a night owl. "Dust, i's 1 a.m. You should be asleep." She groaned in response.

"I can't sleep." She grumbled, her voice muffled due to the way she pressed her face into his mattress.

"Maybe ya shouldn't drink coffee at 5."

"It's not that." She claimed. "This weather is keeping me awake." Her face peeked out from under the covers. Killer would've awed in adoration but right now he was too sleepy to know what day it was.

"What weather?" Just as he asked the question his non-existent ears picked up on the storming rain clattering against the windows from outside. "Tha'? I's no' tha' bad's it?"

"I don't know if it's actually bad, I just can't sleep because of it." She explained, Killer mulled in thought before he sighed.

"C'mere." He grumbled as he pulled her towards him. They cuddled up to each other as the storm roared outside. "Try ta go ta sleep, m'kay?" She hummed in confirmation and Killer drifted off to dreamland. 

When he woke up, he was caught in a chokehold. Well, not exactly a chokehold but he was stuck either way. It was a good kind of stuck if he was pressed up against Dust's chest. "You awake?"

She didn't make a sound which gave him all the answer he needed. He huffed fondly as he listened in to his surroundings. Killer noticed the storm was still going on, though it had lessened. 

He waited for Dust to wake up whilst the whistling of the wind calmly invaded his mind. He didn't know how long he'd been awake when Dust stirred. "G'mornin'." He mumbled, she mumbled back.

"What time is it?" Killer was slowly released from her embrace to which he reached for his phone.

"I's 9 a.m." He answered to which she dragged him back down. "Whaddaya doin'?"

"Just a few more minutes." She grumbled and Killer huffed as he gave in. "What're you gonna do today?"

"I'm probably gonna ge' sum breakfast. 'Nd then I'll do sum woodworkin'. Oh, I promised Nighty ta help search fer their lost book." He fell silent as he searched for tasks. "Tha's about it. Wha' about you?" Dust sighed loudly.

"I don't fucking know man." Killer giggled at the way she spoke. "Can I get a kiss after you brush your teeth?"

"Ya jus' wanna kiss me?" Killer raised an invisible eyebrow.

"I mean, yeah. Pretty much." The flirt gave her a quick peck on her 'lips'.

"I said after you brushed your teeth, dumbass." She scolded, Killer giggled louder.

"Well, then I better ge' goin'." He said to which she finally let him go. He wandered out to get breakfast and she followed soon after. Somewhere along the line of a rainy day, Killer showed up in the living room and gave Dust a few open mouthed kisses. "Today's quest has been achieved." He commented as he trotted away to which Dust laughed.