༝ ˚ 。⋆𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍⋆。 ˚ ༝

I sat secluded and alone somewhere deep in the bowels of the ship.

A lantern hung not far from my hiding spot as I began to sketch- it was the only thing I could think of doing that might calm me down.

I didn't sketch the sea this time, the estuary was the subject of my composition this time around.

You might be wondering what exactly that is, an estuary. An estuary is a marsh, it is a secluded bit of costal water where wildlife flourishes. Brackish water lives there. It is the same as the sound. And it was where my home resided.

I lived on the sound side of the island and I grew up quite literally in the estuary of my home. I drew some fronds of cordgrass and cat tails. On my estuary I had drawn a little boat out afloat.

I had a little boat and I would often let it afloat with me inside. Just watching the birds soar and maim their prey.

I adored the Osprey. The Osprey with it's mighty majestic wings and sharp keen eye, it was my favorite to watch. The Osprey would glide down to the water and without missing a beat he would catch a fish in his talons and he never missed. I added one in my composition, an Osprey above the little boat afloat.

"I thought I might find you down here."

I looked up from my drawing. Addeline. Her arms were crossed over her chest and the candle light danced in the reflection of her hazel eyes.

"This is as close as you can be to being within the sea while still being in this tub." She told me and sat down next to me.

"What's that?" She asked me as she looked over my shoulder at my drawing. "Home." I said simply.

"Your accent. Where are you from?" She finally asked me. "Far far away place. Costal island." "Pamlico?" "Yes." I set my sketch down and looked at her. "How'd you know?"

"I know the waters of this earth. I've been over to Pamlico a few times. Your home is a beautiful place and the natives of your home are great people, kind people." I didn't respond.

"You mustn't hold it against Sebastian, the way he spoke with you." I still remained silent.

"His sister, Anne, she is very dear to him. She is all the family he has left. No parents. No uncle. Sebastian is desperate to cure her. If he looses Anne, he's lost everything." Addeline continued.
"And he wasn't just trying to win your favor so that you would owe him this."

"How do you know?" I snapped and dropped my vine charcoal in my lap.

"Oh because I know." she said with a knowing smile.

"You'll understand sooner rather than later." She added with the same fondness.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Sebastian was reading when I found him. He was- he was reading my book.

"SEA MAGIC A HISTORY"

But instead of rage, I softened. Perhaps he was trying to better understand.

"Sebastian."