Chapter 3

Damon's POV

This was not what I expected to happen, my angel was trying to escape from me. He was trying to run away and leave me.

What mostly hurt me was that he was scared, of me. He was crying because I didn't let him go. He was so innocent and naive, you can't just beg someone who took you to release you immediately. There was a reason behind everything, behind taking him. I wanted him, I've craved him for years and now I had him. I wasn't planning to let go anytime soon, even forever.

I had no other choice but to chain him for I fear he might want to pull another stunt. He might try to escape again, I didn't want that. It broke me to see him like that, my beautiful angel was awake but instead of seeing him happy he was sad. It broke me.

He will get over it.

He will get used to it.

He will stay with me here in this palace, and together we will be.

He will be mine forever.

And I will take good care of him.

I will keep him safe, from the world.

What about you?

You're not safe for him.

Here goes my inner thought again.

The demons in me are always make me feel shitty.

I'm not a bad person, I'm simply protecting him. He should get used to it because if he still doesn't change his mind about wanting to leave. He'll remain like that but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be cared for.

I still love him.

I'd make him fall in love with me and never want to leave me for anything.

❦❦❦

I walked into my bedroom with foods on a tray, the tray contained the medicine the doctor prescribed for him to take.

There he was, laying on the bed with arms apart chained to the either side of the bed. I hate to see him like this but I had no other choice. I sighed before plopping next to him.

His eyes fluttered open and looked at him, he had stopped crying. He was tired, his eyes said it all. His plump pink lips were dry and I so wanted to lean in and kiss him but that would probably worsen the situation. I just need to be careful with him, I don't want him hating me.

I placed the tray of food on the drawer table beside to me. I looked at him and he did the same. After he had stared at me for a long time, he snapped out of it and he talked,

"Please..." He begged again, this time with his eyes. Those pretty eyes, were a colour of blue, the middle was light blue and the edges were dark blue, he was giving me that cute puppy eyes that almost made me a chocolate fudge. They were beautiful just like him,no he was more than that. Exquisite is what I would describe him to be. I looked away avoiding those eyes.

"I can't do it kory." I said, my voice calm. I let him know, no matter how hard he begged I wasn't going to unchain him for I believe he might want to escape, even though it would prove effortless because I kept tight security.

"Just unchain me I promise not to escape I swear." He told me and I eyed him.

"No."

"I won't run away." He said in a low raspy voice.. He suddenly changed his mind? That was too fast.

I narrowed my eyes at him, keeping the look for a while before sighing for the umpteenth time today. He didn't look like he was lying to me. He said he wasn't going to run away but it could all be a shrade to get out of those chains and try anything funny. If that was the case, it's just a waste of time.