Chapter 6. Moira??

A/N: from now on, when text is like this it means the person is thinking or just very serious or texting or something. It should be obvious which is which though. Love u guys!!

Sunday, july 16th. 11:50am
It was another day at the blackwatch base, thankfully no training today since it was a weekend.  Casey woke up from her slumber and rolled over to check her phone. 11:51am.
She slept in pretty late. She sighed as she got up, brushed her teeth, got in the shower, and finally got out of her room.
She was bored so she decided to go see what Reyes was up to. It was pretty much a routine at this point. She got in the elevator and went to the second floor. She knocked on Reyes's door. "Come in" She went into his office and sat in her signature spot. "Morning rey, can I call you that?"
"I guess. What are you up to? Just waking up?" Reyes responded. "Yup. What are you up to?"
"More paperwork, but I did actually need to talk to you about something. Me, cassidy, genji and moira have a mission in numbani this week, trying to get answers out of some mafia guy so you'll be pretty much alone this week. You know the drill, call if you need anything."
Casey wasn't affected by this news, they've gone on missions before. "Thats fine, when are you guys leaving?"
"Tomorrow afternoon, we won't be back until probably the end of this week. I expect you to train at least some while we're gone?" Reyes raised an eyebrow
"You got it."
"Okay then."
The two carried on with their daily conversations before casey went on her way.  The rest of the day went by slow, she watched some tv and hung out with genji and cassidy some before going to bed.
The next day everyone was gone, she was alone in the base again. She hit her cart and scrolled on her phone most of the day. Eventually she became hungry and decided to grab a snack from the vending machine. She hit the second floor button and went up. She walked down the hallway to get a snack when she passed by Moiras office. Shivers running down her spine when she remembered the bunnies and moiras experiment. Casey became curious about what was even going on in there. 'should i??' she thought. She was deciding whether or not she should snoop. Finally with a sigh she nervously walked into the office. It was freshly cleaned and neat, unlike when Casey last saw it. Everything was set up in a specific way and nothing looked out of the ordinary. 'yeah right..' Casey knew there was something more, she just had to prove it. She opened a few cabinets all of which had science equipment. She snooped through some drawers, most of which looked normal but some.. looked suspicious. There was one drawer with a bloody scalpel inside. Casey wondered who's blood it was.
She walked around more skeptical, when she opened a few more drawers. 'what the fuck..?' she thought to herself, that was the only acceptable response to what was inside. There was a bunny cage, one of the bunnies throat was slit. a perfect slit. scalpel shaped. Its body was emitting black gas, but it remained dead. Casey almost barfed at the uneasy scene. The other few bunnies were alive and well,
living amongst their deceased friend.

Casey closed the door to the drawer slowly, her hand shaking slightly. Her blood ran cold, then hot again.
She decided this was enough snooping. She ran back up to her room, forgetting her snack (she couldnt eat right now anyway) and snuggled into her bed wondering what sick science that woman was conjuring up.