Picnic

The weather is nice today, therefore I decided to wear shorts combined with a top and a pair of sneakers. Since it's a special day, our first day as a couple officially, I braided my hair and left two strands loose on the front. Finally I put some light make up on and was patiently waiting for Jungkook to pick me up.
I couldn't sleep properly the night because I was too excited for today and also because I still couldn't comprehend what had happened yesterday.
It was such a rollercoaster of emotions but I'm glad of the outcome.
I guess you need to go through some hardship to get rewarded at the end.

My phone pings, interrupting my thoughts, Jungkook texted me to come out. All of a sudden, I feel kinda nervous at the thought that I'm going to spend my day with him as my heart starts pacing up its beat. It's definitely not our first time going out together but it's different when you're officially in a relationship and on top of that, he refused to tell me what he had planned for today.

With my heart beating hardly against my chest and a slight shade of my "natural" blush sitting on my face, I open the door and see Jungkook leaning casually against his car, eyes glued on his phone. He's wearing jeans and the calvin klein tshirt I bought him when we were shopping the other day. He parted his hair in the middle and his bangs are resting perfectly on his forehead. Just this sight of him makes him look super attractive and I'm feeling my hormones getting crazy again.
He looks up and meets my eyes before he checks me out from head to toe
"You look beautiful", he smiles, "and intimidating", he adds while looking at my shorts which are revealing my bare legs.
I roll my eyes at his comment,
"come on, it's not the first time I'm wearing something short"
"But the first time you're wearing shorts", he winks at me, causing my blush to grow wider.
He leads me to the car and opens the door for me to get in and then starts driving off.
We're driving out of the city and in to the more rural countryside which I didn't know even existed in London. We're passing by little farms and forests and even though I asked him many times where we're heading to, he never let me know and instead gave me candy to silence me, which, in fact, worked due to my weakness for sweets.
After a long ride, he finally parks the car on the side road which leads to the beginning of what looks like a forest.
"Erm, are we going hiking or-", I dont finish my sentence when I see him take a big basket out of the trunk and my eyes immediately fill with excitement.
"We're going to have a picnic!", I gasp thrilled clasping my hands together as a gesture of enthusiasm.
He chuckles at my childish behavior and stretches out his free hand in attempt for me to take it. After a second of hesitation I finally hold onto it and it's still so unfamiliar to get into physical contact with him purposely because up until now, we either touched each other by accident or because of other circumstances.
As soon as our hands touch I sense an electricity-like feeling on my skin and the warm feeling of his soft hand makes me feel safe and protected.
We walk through the thick forest until we reach a small lake surrounded by many daisy flowers and less trees so the sun shines right through the forest and is reflected in the lake water.
I'm stunned and mesmerized by the beauty of this place as my jaw drops and my eyes grow wider
"W-wow.. this place is like in a fairytale", I say while looking at my surroundings to examine every single corner.
Jungkook starts unpacking the basket while I'm still busy exploring the place and when I turn my attention back to him, he already prepared some blankets with different dishes and snacks making it look super cozy.
"Don't tell me you cooked all of this yourself?", I ask him while my mouth starts watering at the sight in front of me.
He scratches the back of his head nervously and answers
"Most of it, yes. Of course with the help of Jin and some were just ordered".
"They look so good", I smile at him, "what did I to deserve this princess treatment?", I say sarcastically.
"You risked so much for me. This is nothing compared to what you did for me. Today is day one of making it up to you", he says while looking down and I'm suddenly speechless while my heart beats faster.
"Alright then, come on let's eat", he takes my hand again and leads me to the blankets to settle down and make ourselves comfortable. He has prepared some sandwiches and various fruits, different type of salads and even a cake which I assume was Jin's work as he told me once that he's the born baker.