Back in it.

The car ride was tense. you chewed on your thumb, biting off the skin. And for once, you were glad to have Hank's music blasting in your eardrums...

you looked up to the rearview mirror catching the top half of Connor's head in your sights

his big brown eyes staring forward. something about him screamed boredom...

It was making you bored too... his eyes moved upwards, catching yours in the mirror

you looked away so fast you swear you heard your neck crack.

what was this, the third time you'd been caught staring at him?

your cheeks heated up immensely. you could feel Connor's eyes on you...

The biting became more frantic, and your cuticle started to bleed.

you had never been happier as Hank pulled up to the front office for the cheapest hotel around

you were the first out of the car, breathing in the fresh air not poisoned by lingering harsh words and angry man vibes.

you stepped inside the small, cramped office, Hank and Connor following close behind. "Detective L/N, "you held up your badge and leaned on the front desk "DPD. We're looking for a female android" You held your hand just below your temple "Bout' this hight, pretty eyes. robbed a store down the street last night. You see anything?"

"An android? No..." the receptionist shook his head "I don't take androids here."

Connor held up his hand, a hologram photo of said android appearing on his palm "Have you seen anyone that looks like this?"

The receptionist got a good look before a look of bewilderment came across his face "Fuck... I knew there was something weird about her... She came in last night - she was dressed normal, you know... There was no way I could tell." 

"Is it still here?" Hank asked

"Yeah, probably. Room 28."

"Thank you." you and Hank said in unison before walking out of the building, leaving Connor standing there

You had no idea why he was just standing there.. android things I suppose.

"I'm excitedddd" you said in a high-pitched tone mostly to yourself "It's been way too long"

"It's been a week." Hank said flatly, pulling out his phone to make a call.

"Too long..." you spoke in an excited whisper

This is why you loved your job. the smell of danger, the scent of blood wafting of perps as they tried gunning past you, the satisfying feeling when you got to use the tazer, the chase, the wind in your hair,  and the smiles on the faces of the people you saved

every part of it got you out of bed in the morning much to the dismay of your achy bones

Connor stepped out of the office, walking up to you and Hank

"Ben?.. Yeah, it's still at the motel. Send some uniforms and cordon off the area. I'm heading to its room now." Hank spoke to who you could only assume was Ben, on the phone.

Hank hung up and turned around to face Connor "You wait in the car." he said harshly

"I think it's best if I go with you." Connor spoke, calmly.

"Listen, I'm tired of you talkin' back to me. You're a machine, so shut the fuck up and do what I say"

your jaw was on the floor...