Chapter 4: Grimlock's Understanding

Bumblebee turned his head to Grimlock with a shocked expression. "Bee, I've been there."

"How?" Bumblebee said shakily.

"Take a guess why I haven't said anything about her, or them," Grimlock told him.

Them? "They're..."

"Dead," Grimlock finished for him. "Yeah, it happened during the war. Both her and our twin sparklings were murdered when I was out going looking for energon." Grimlock let out a sigh. "I thought they would be fine for a few hours, but ... Cons found them and murdered them in cold blood. All I could do was buried them and grief for losing them. I know you've been there. Because you've would've mentioned her or bring her into the team if something didn't happen to her. And by your act and body language, you've had her on your mind recently." Bumblebee could only stare at the dinobot. He had no words or thoughts to respond to this. He could only imagine what kind of pain Grimlock must've felt seeing the corpses of his family and not be able to change it. But unlike him ... he saw his spark mate be killed in cold blood in front of him.

"I saw Song get murdered."

"Song?" Bumblebee had no idea that he had said her name out aloud.

"My spark mate. She ... she was my ... my everything. Without her ... I just feel ..."

"Not worth living? Feeling hollow and worthless? Can't stop to even silently to grieve? Won't let others see how much pain you're in?" Grimlock words sunk through Bumblebee's mind like a rock. He needed to sit down, and he did. "I know what it's like Bee," Grimlock told him. "And I'm telling you, you're not alone in this kind of pain and agony." He sighed. "If you ever what to get something off your chest ... come see me. I'm sure I can help." With that, he turned and left for Bumblebee to think.