22:One Can Only Hope.

Not proof read.

                                                               One Can Only Hope.

Elrid breathed out a sigh when he saw Kit, the silent boy was waiting for him to finish packing his things. Alen and Emmerson were waiting for them at the parking lot, so they can drop him off like usual. Or previously common, considering Caleb always dropped him off when they started dating. Whom he doesn't know a shit about for the past two weeks because his so-called boyfriend ditched him for Gods know what.

It has been four days since his call with Callum; where the red head promised him his brother would call him after whatever business meeting his boyfriend had to attend. Elrid did wait.

The first day, he called. 234. He messaged. 45.

The second day, too, he called. 129. He messaged too. 30.

The third day he even left voice mail. 24.

The fourth day he got a message from Callum; asking if his brother called him because he returned two days before. And that crushed his last withering hope.

Caleb was here, in Riverfalls. In his home, spending his time with his family and friends.

He was relieved. He is okay.

Then he cried. Caleb wasn't with him. he didn't call him. nor did he message him. or left a message for him with his brother.

Am I nothing to him??? the question kept flashing on his mind. Making him second guess everything; their dates, their talks, their kisses.... Every single fucking thing.

He thought Caleb dumping him would hurt him. and being heartbroken would be the worst painful feeling one would feel during their lifetime. Or so his mom would always say. But after these four days he have to admit, his mom was wrong. she must've experienced heart break, maybe even cried for it.

But not knowing anything about your boyfriend- the only stranger who accepted him for everything he is for- suddenly left him without even saying anything, leaving him stranded without even any hindsight what even the problem was.... both frightening and agonising.

Although not like those overdramatic people, they were both fighting. They were both upset with each other. He knows that, he also remembers that he asked for space. and in no ways Sylvia's relationship advice she said 'giving space' means breakup or ghosting their partner.

Then what happened?? Elrid isn't sure. If it was some rom-com he can at least joke about some evil mother-in-law plotting their demise because her son is dating a boy. but it wasn't a story. They are real. And Fionna Murphy is a sweet woman; according to his friends and boyfriend.

So, he was at lost. What do I do?? Should he visit him home and scream at him. but what if Caleb's parents don't know he is gay?? While Elrid isn't a full-fledged gay or pan himself, he is Jaemin has already drilled into him to not out someone if they're not open about their sexuality. So as soon as that idea popped on his mind, he crossed it out.

The only one who knows what is happening to his boyfriend is Callum. At least that way he can understand if something is wrong. So, he called him. at least tell me he is okay. After so much nagging and even blackmailing Callum- about the beaker he broke in their science lab then shamelessly threw Athen under the bus when the teacher questioned about it- he said his brother was indeed back from his trip after his call the very next day. The redhead also said something about meetings and problems on their business; Elrid wasn't sure, for the very next moment he hangs upon him. so much for being understanding boyfriend.