Chapter 40

Hyra sat on the balcony of their hotel room, a gentle breeze playing with her hair as she gazed out at the sea. The rhythmic sound of the waves crashing against the shore filled her ears, transporting her back to that terrifying moment just two days ago.

She could vividly recall the scene: the sun setting on the horizon, casting an orange glow over the water as she ventured into the shallows in search of her lost anklets. The waves had seemed so inviting, lapping gently at her ankles as she waded further into the sea.

But then, without warning, a powerful wave had surged towards her, knocking her off balance and pulling her under its relentless grasp. Panic had surged through her veins as she fought against the currents, desperately trying to push herself back to the surface.

But her efforts had been in vain. With each failed attempt to break free, she had felt herself sinking deeper into the cold, dark depths of the ocean. The salty water had stung her eyes as she struggled to catch her breath, the sound of her own heartbeat pounding in her ears.

It had felt like an eternity before strong arms had pulled her from the water, dragging her back to safety just as she felt herself slipping away. And now, as she sat on the balcony overlooking the sea, Hyra couldn't help but shudder at the memory of how close she had come to losing her life.

As Hyra's mind drifted back from the harrowing flashback, her hand moved to her bump, where a life inside her was growing.

"Agar tumhe ya bachhe ko kuch ho jata, Hyra, toh mera kya hota?" She remembered Hayder's words.

(What if something were to happen to you or the baby, Hyra, have you thought about me?)

The thought of what might have happened if she hadn't been rescued sent a chill down her spine. What if she had succumbed to the ocean's grasp? What if she had never made it back to shore? What if something happened to the baby because of her? Her heart clenched at the mere idea.

She had never felt the joy of having this child, but the fear of losing it was profound within her.

She heard the sound of footsteps approaching, and she looked up to see Hayder entering the room.

His expression was unreadable, his features masked by a veil of stoicism. "Ab tabiyat kaisi hai?" he asked, his voice neutral.

(How are you feeling now?)

"Theek," Hyra replied, offering him a faint smile as she noticed the concern in his eyes.

(Fine,)

"Abhi puri tarah se tumhari tabiyat theek karta hoon main." He remarked dryly, setting a delicate pair of anklets on the table between them.

(I'll completely cure you.)

Hyra's eyes widened in surprise as she recognized the anklets. Hyra couldn't believe her eyes. She was feeling so upset about losing the anklet. It's now lying on the table in front of her. Hyra's gaze kept shifting between Hayder and the anklet. Then she reached out and picked up the anklet, wanting to believe that it was indeed hers.

"Yeh apke paas kaise aye?" Hyra asked.

(Where did you find it?)

"Chalke aye."

(They came to me.)

"Haan?"

(Really?)

"Basin pe the." Hyra's mind suddenly lit up as if a light bulb had switched on.

(It was on basin.)

"Arey haan, maine hi toh utare the lotion lagane ke liye, lekin Uswa ki call agayi thi toh main ussey baat karne lagi fir mera beach pe jane ka dil karne laga aur fir..." Excitedly, she began to tell Hayder, her voice filled with joy.