Chapter 22: The Picnic

Authors Note: I have a Spotify playlist for my book. I will link it here and will put it in the story where the song should be played. I hope you all enjoy that!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4oedd0QPycR0wIyG9BeTx5?si=ZIeFwtj8TD2x0vAEKU6gRA&app_destination=copy-link
Username: kinsey✨

Playlist Title: pov: you're slowly falling in love with stephen strange

--

Play "dopamine" by mehro the 7th song on the playlist

"Hello, y/n. Good morning. I hope you slept well. I was wondering if you like to would join me in the kitchen when you wake up. You can wear comfy clothes and please bring Pride and Prejudice. Let me know if you are able to join me. Thank you." I read on my phone. The text came from Stephen, and I giggle to myself about how proper his texts are. It really gives away his age.

"I will be down there in 10," I reply. Not even a minute goes by, and I receive a text back.

"Okay, good. I will see you soon. smiley face emoji" it reads. I smile at my phone and feel my cheeks get red. I do like when he wants to hang out with me. It makes me feel needed, instead of me always asking to hang out. I know that sounds horrible, but like I said, I've never had any friends. So, I'm glad he's the one who wants to be around me.

I do a big stretch and give Trash a few pets before I make my way out of my comfy bed. I get dressed in some jeans and plain light pink t-shirt. I turn my boots into some Nike sneakers. I quickly do some minimal makeup, my hair, and then go to the bathroom to use the toilet and brush my teeth. I go back to my room, grab my phone and book, and head down to the kitchen with Trash at my side. I skip down the stairs with excitement for the day ahead. Yesterday was so hard and draining. I need something to pick me up. To give me a reason to keep going. This just might be the answer. 

I get down to the bottom of the stairs and round the corner to go down to the kitchen. As I get closer, I can tell that the lights are off. That's strange. He said to meet him in the kitchen, right? I pull out my phone to make sure and keep walking as the I read the text. That's what I thought. It does say meet in the kitchen. When I enter the kitchen, the lights flick on, and I see Stephen with a large grin on his face and Wong behind the bar also smiling. Stephen is wearing a blue and purple party hat as so is Wong. Stephen has on sneakers, jeans, and a faded AC/DC shirt while Wong is another rob set. I honestly doubt he has any causal clothes. 

"What's this?!" I ask in shock. Stephen looks at me and then Wong. They nod at each other.

"One, two three," Stephen counts down. 

"Happy birthday to you," Stephen and Wong both start singing. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday y/n. Happy birthday too youuuu!" They end, both holding out the note. I burst out in laughter, holding my stomach. 

"Blow out the candles! Hurry!!" Stephen exclaims. He points to the cake on the bar. It is a white cake with beautifully light blue frosted details. It says, "Happy Birthday y/n, 19!" I go over and blow out the candles with one breath. 

Play "Look After You" by The Fray the 8th song on the playlist 

"Wow! That was so amazing you too. And the cake looks sooo good!" I say, still laughing. 

"Did you like it? Were you surprised?" Stephen questions. I nod.

"It was great. I was really surprised," I reply, finally catching my breath. 

"I told you, you are a great singer," I tell him with a giggle. 

"Oh, you haven't heard nothing yet, kid," he says with a chuckle. My face goes bright red as I look to Wong. He has a slight smile watching us talk.