Chapter 23

As it turned out, Logan hadn't been unconscious, he'd just been asleep. At least that's what Camille realized after she rushed over to him, calling his name over and over again, until he finally opened his eyes and looked at her with a confused and tired expression. Camille knelt next to him. "Are you okay?"

He nodded, sat up and tried to turn his head, but then winced and put a hand on the back of his neck, his face contorted in pain. His neck was stiff and hurt. "I'm sorry," he mumbled sleepily, you could tell he was struggling to wake up.

"What happened?" Camille asked worriedly and placed a hand on his thigh.

"I . . . um . . . I finished my online classes early, and I thought . . . I don't know, I felt so tired, and I thought I could take a quick nap for an hour or two before you would come back."

"But . . . why didn't you go to bed? You scared me."

"I . . . I guess I just fell asleep before I could get up from the desk." He looked at her worried face and stroked her cheek with two fingers. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Logan . . . since when did you get so exhausted during the day? Are you getting a new phase?"

He shook his head and immediately groaned as he felt the pain in his stiff neck again. Camille could no longer watch this. She took his hand. "Come." She led him to the bed, made him sit down, and sat next to him, leaning her head against his chest. "Are you sure you don't want me to call anyone? Your parents maybe?"

"No, definitely not my parents. I'm fine, really. I . . . I was just tired, that's all."

An unpleasant thought came to Camille's mind. "Logan . . . could it be that you're feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment because of me, because of my presence? If it gets too much for you, you can tell me, then I'll leave and I won't be mad, I-" She was interrupted by Logan pressing his lips to hers. Then he looked at her seriously. "Once and for all, you could never be the cause of my problems."

She still wasn't entirely convinced but decided not to talk about it for now. "Are you hungry? I brought food."

He hesitated. "Um, to be honest, no. I don't feel particularly hungry, sorry. I can barely move right now." He put both hands behind his neck. Camille stroked his arm. "You know . . . I bought something earlier that would definitely be helpful in this situation. I was actually going to use it at another time, but why wait when you need it now?"

Logan looked at her puzzled. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Wait a second." She stood up, walked over to her bag, and pulled out the small bottle from the drugstore. With that she walked back to Logan and gave it to him. He frowned and read the label. "Massage oil?"

"Perfect for tense muscles, loosens them up and warms them from the inside."

"Ah, okay . . . Yeah, we can try it."

"You know we don't have to. I just thought because you're in pain right now . . ."

He nodded. "Yeah, sure. Come on, let's try it out. I just hope I don't fall asleep again."

She laughed at his attempt to lighten the mood a little. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll take care of you."

"Those words," he said with a small smile in her direction before pulling his t-shirt over his head and lying down on his stomach.

"Perfect view," Camille murmured. Logan raised his head. "What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing," she answered quickly. "Ready?"

"So, how does it feel?"

"Um, unusual?"

"But not bad, right?"