Chapter 54 Nine Clouds Healing Pill

Two minutes later, the doors opened and a woman in black robes handed Jiang Feng a small gem. It was cut in such a way that it looked jagged and with points like a star on the sides. He waved a hand and a pedestal emerged from the floor in front of his desk.

He placed the crystal on the pedestal and the air above it shimmered until Jie was looking at a three-dimensional image, like a hologram, of a spherical pill. The image was so detailed it looked like the pill was actually there, and Jie could even smell the scent from it. Similar to that of the heavenly moon pills, but with a grassy hint to it.

"This is a nine clouds healing pill," Jiang Feng said, "they're made with the finest ingredients, by the most skilled of alchemists, and only those alchemists in the Saint rank or higher can make them. They heal any wound on a cultivator of the Saint rank or lower in mere moments, and can even help to heal the wounds of higher ranked cultivators. They're exceedingly rare, given how few Saint ranked experts there are. Especially those who are also alchemists. We only sell them at auction, however, and the average bid price it reaches is around three spirit coins per pill."

Jie nodded thoughtfully. Would a few hundred of those help Ming at all? Ming gave me more than enough spirit coins to buy a lot of them... if they even help a little... wouldn't that be worth it?

"Is this the most powerful pill you have?" Jie asked.

"Yes," Jiang Feng said, "anything more powerful is exceedingly rare, but I'll be sure to notify you if one comes up."

"Do you have a stockpile?" Jie asked.

Jiang Feng's smile quivered like she'd just slapped him, but he held it there even so. "We do sometimes keep a few in reserve," he said, "after all, there are only a handful of families that can afford one of these pills in this entire region. And, even they can only purchase a few a year at most."

"I see," Jie said, "how many can you get me?"

"Well... they're only available for auction..." Jiang Feng said.

Jie frowned. Why was the man suddenly so flustered? "So?" she pressed, "how many can you put up for auction each month at most."

Jiang Feng's smile returned. "At most?" he said, "perhaps... five? I could contact some of our other branches and get maybe seventy a month. But, I can't guarantee this number."

Jie nodded. "Okay," she said, "have your proxy bid for me and make sure to bring out all of them as soon as you get them. You'll make sure I remain anonymous, correct?"

"Yes..." Jiang Feng said, "What limits would you like to set?"

If it's to save that old snake, I don't care how much it would cost... but if I go too high that could drain the funds too quickly. There's no telling if they'll be honest. But... I still want some leeway. With me buying everything the price will probably go up like that book on economics said... demand and supply.... Jie thought.

"No bid higher than ten spirit coins per pill," Jie said.

"I see..." Jiang Feng said as he wrote out her instructions, "And how many would you like?"

"No need to set a limit on that. Just give me everything you get each month. Is there any way you could have it delivered directly to my residence within the Crimson Academy?" she asked.

Jiang Feng swallowed. "We sometimes make arrangements with the noble sons and daughters in the academy. If we speak with the academy, I'm sure we'll be able to arrange that without any issues," he said, "we'll need you to provide the funds to be used for the bidding upfront of course."

Jie nodded. "Of course," she said, "we'll arrange that after we've gone through the rest of the items."

Jiang Feng nodded though sweat beaded his brow. "Yes, you're quite right. No need to get into that just yet," he said.