this love is indie (but it's rock)

A/N: Yeah, don't trust writers like me with random feeling spikes. I'm moving the 2 prologues I've written last time in this collection while I plan out my next ChaeLisa fic that will have multiple chapters. Currently brewing angst and fluff while also rereading 'amga' to edit some grammatical errors and rewrite few phrases lol will pop in someday to let you know when it's done.

Thanks for bearing with my random, silly feels.

**********

It was four years—and fourteen and a half hours to be exact—that Roseanne Park could never take back. That was one-sixth of her life purely dedicated to being a fangirl of the indie band 'i am a cat.'

Standing there in Strange Fruit bar within the members' breathing proximity and getting a hard-slap, "It's a no," from the lead guitarist Lalisa Manoban was the worst place to get her heart broken. Not even that recent breakup with her four-year boyfriend Jeong Yun-o could compare. Four years were probably a curse.

Jennie was right, she thought. She should have suspended her belief that the members of i am a cat—those nerds, as her childhood friend Jennie Kim dubbed them to be—were far from the image she always had of them.

Jennie gave her a rundown when they spoke over the phone upon her landing in Seoul from Melbourne. "Rosé, compartmentalize your being a fangirl and being their potential next vocalist. This isn't just them testing your dynamic with the band. It's also your way of getting a feel if you fit with them."

The bassist, Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul, nicknamed Ten, was always so distracted that he would laugh out loud in the middle of a song whenever his attention was stolen by somebody or something in the audience, earning a glare from the other members.

Park Bogum, the rhythm guitarist, keyboardist and synth player—more like an instrumentalist of anything one would unlikely call an instrument—kept the same straight face while jamming as if he were in his own world.

"Jisoo's the only one with screws hinged at the right places," Jennie said with a hint of satisfaction that sounded like she was very impressed by the drummer given how she compared with the rest of her members.

Kim Jisoo was a superb drummer and she knew how to hype the crowd. The friendliest even, she offered all auditionees craft beer before they went to the front of the Strange Fruit bar where the band was set up to play the songs they picked. Wild-eyed, Rosé thought that was not going to help her jitters at all.

"And Lisa?"

Jennie scoffed at the mention of the band's lead guitarist. "Oh, girl, I don't even want to start. I know you're practically in love with that hot stuff—"

"She's hot, alright! But more than that, she's the genius mad one behind their songs!" defended Rosé.

"You might find her rockstar attitude a turn-on, but trust me, since Krystal left the band she has been breaking every girl's heart. A top-class asshole."

Rosé let out an audible ugh-ed to which Jennie murmured a repetition of her last sentence. "Whatever, Jennie. She took it that hard because she loved her! And—and she just left without saying goodbye, abandoning them at the most important show!"