FIREBALL! AYE

We got to school, and it was as normal as it could have gotten... We were kicked outside in ELA because we had just read Lord of the Flies and he wanted to teach us about being stuck on an island. So he left us outside: which can't be legal. Well, this guy, Matt Sloan began to pick on our friend (oh yeah, Percy, Tyson, and I have ELA together). He walked up to Tyson, trying to give him a wedgie. Tyson got scared and hit him so hard, he flew back 15 feet. Matt began screaming.

"YOU FREAK! WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO YOUR CARDBOARD BOX?" You see- Tyson lives in an empty refrigerator box in an alleyway. My mom tried to call the school, CPS, and even the police, but they never saw anyone. So this hit Tyson pretty hard. Tyson is sensitive, so he started crying into his hands as Percy comforted him (the best Percy could). I walked over to Matt.

"Take it back." I growled, Matt Sloan sneered and looked back at my brother helping Tyson.

"Why you even bother, Jackson? You might have a boyfriend if you weren't always sticking around that freak." Tyson began to sob harder and i remembered Luke. Not now, not now- please. I walked closer to Matt.

"Hey, Sloan?" He was talking to his friends now, ignoring me until i said his last name. He turned around.

"What?" He curled his lip. Then I punched him so hard, I broke his glasses clean in half.

"Don't mess with my friends- or I'll do much worse. Freak." His nose was bleeding, and his friends were trying to help him by holding his nose.

"Just you wait until gym class, Caspian." I heard Tyson sobbing to Percy.

"Am I a freak?"

"No! Matt Sloan is the freak, Caspian even said so." Then the bell rang and the teacher came back out, begging me to tell him what happened- that's what happens when you get on an ELA teacher's good side; they believe you.

"I- Oh my god, Matt tripped!" I had managed not to say gods in front of mortals. Then he was surrounded, and I went to my next class; math where she just let me skip, so i went to the art teacher's room and hung around for a while until the next class: gym. I went to the girl's locker room and nodded to Percy who was guarding a supply closet that Tyson changes in. I didn't change because it was the last day, but i did make sure to apply more deodorant. I stepped out into the gym hearing Matt Sloan's annoying voice.

"Can I be captain?" We were promised a free for all dodge ball game as a gift for the last day.

"Eh?" The teacher wouldn't look up from his newspaper. "Sure." Sloan made Percy the other team's captain. It wasn't very even teams; the kids on Sloan's were giant, and we were left with scrawny, unathletic kids.

"Scared... smell funny." That should have been my first warning sign that something was up- the only people I've heard say that were Alpine and Grover. That proves that i should have listened to Tyson.

"What smells funny?" Percy asked and Tyson pointed to the new kids with nametags that didn't make sense, but i blamed my Dyslexia for that one. They were cracking their knuckles and glaring at Percy and I. The whistle blew and everyone on our team ran away except for my brother, Tyson, and I. It didn't feel right so i turned to them.

"Guys, let's-" A ball slammed into my gut and i slid back with an umph. Percy went to come and help me, but a ball began flying his way, "Ugh- PERCY!" I picked the ball up and threw it to intercept them. It worked, surprisingly- maybe I'm a kid of Apollo? I take that back; I can't sing, and I don't have magic healing powers. I stumbled around as Tyson shouted.

"GUYS, DUCK!" We did a summersault and i felt the wind blow past my ear. Percy stood up as the ball hit the back wall with a loud thump. Percy shouted to the other team.