1.adoption day

At the adoption center

The children were playing on the playground as potential parents interacted with them. One young girl with sliver hair was sitting with the teenagers.

"You look adorable! Someone will adopt you!"said Kim. She is 16 yrs old. She been to multiple adoption events. She knows the younger kids get adopted easy. So didn't understand why Bailey hasn't been adopted yet. Bailey has been here for three years now.

Bailey twirl her hair as she looked at her shoes. Kim patted the 5 yrs old head. She grabbed the little girl hand and walked for toward the playground.

"You got this! You just be yourself."said Kim. She walked away. Bailey looked around her peers was enjoying themselves. Two parents noticed her. Bailey panicked and ran away. She ran to the food area. She hid under a table cloth. Someone sat at the table. The person accidentally kick Bailey. The person moved the tablecloth.

"Sorry sweetie!"said the lady. Bailey looked at her blankly. " are you okay? I didn't know you were there." She added. Bailey nodded.

"What's your name?"asked the lady. Bailey heart started beating faster as she tried to encourage herself mentally. She wanted a forever home. She need to try or she will be sent back to her cousin.

Bailey open her mouth to speak but the words never came. The lady waited patiently for the shy child. Bailey eyes fill with tears as tried to say her name. Fortunately the lady was waited but her peers wasn't. A boy walked up the lady.

"Hi I am mason! I am way cooler than her! I can talk unlike her! And I have a quirk! Unlike her!"he said proudly. Bailey frowned. Adoption is competitive among peers. Every kid wants a forever home and they are willing to do whatever it takes. The lady looked at Bailey with disapproval when she heard the little girl was quirkless. The lady and the boy walked away together. Bailey cried quietly.

She has a quirk. She received a month before her fifth birthday. But all of her peers got there earlier so nobody cared about her quirk. She was the quiet kid that everyone keeps forgetting about.

The ground started to shake, the kids and adult panicked as they rushed to safety. Bailey tried to follow the crowd but she shoved onto the ground. People ran over her as she crawled out of the crowd. She laid on the ground weak and in pain. She saw three heroes fighting a villian who was making earthquake and throwing dirtballs. She tried to call out for help but the words never came. Bailey cried quietly. Then a ball of dirt was send in her direction. She screamed in fear before closing her eyes.

"Oi!can you move?"asked a voice. Bailey opened her eyes. Pro hero dynamight was standing in front of her. The ball was burnt to ashes in front of the hero. Bailey looked at him in shocked.

"Can you move? You need to get out of this area."said the hero. Bailey tried to move but her left leg couldn't move. She hissed in pain when she attempted to move.

"Medical assistance is needed at wondertree park."said the pro hero into his communicator. He looked at his teammates. They were arrested the villain. Bakugou kneeled down to the kid and look at injured leg.

"The kid leg is bruised at calf- oi! Don't interrupt me! Bruised at left calf and ankle looks swollen."said bakugou to his communicator. Bakugou looked at the kid.

"The medics are coming in few minutes."said bakugou. Bailey nodded. Bakugou sat next to her on the ground.

"Where are your parents?"asked bakugou as he looked at his surroundings. Bailey shook her head. Bakugou looked at her when he realized the kid didn't respond. He asked again. Bailey shook her head then pointed at the banner hanging nearby.

"Adoption day."he mumbled as he read the banner. "Sorry that a villian ruin your chance to get adopted today but I check with the organization to see when can they do another one." He added.  Bailey frowned.

"What's your favorite color?"asked bakugou. He tried to distract the kid for the pain and pass time until the medics came. Bailey pointed to blue tablecloth. Then she pointed to him. Bakugou was confused but realized she was asking the same question.

"Orange or red."he said. Then pro hero red riot walked to them. He was carrying a lady with dislocated leg.

"Dynamight, there a medical tent set up nearby. Your patient looks stable for it."said red riot. Bakugou nodded. He carefully pick up the kid. He realized she lighter than he expected. They walked to the medical tent. Kirishima placed the lady on a bed nearby. Bakugou had to walk to back of the tent to the children section. Bakugou tried to placed the girl on the bed but she gripped his uniform tight. The nurse giggled at the sight.

"You can hold her until exam is over. Kids usually stick to heroes when rescue."said the nurse.  Bakugou continued to attempt get the kid off him. Bailey didn't grip didn't waver at all. The doctor came. She did exam on the kid. She placed a wrap on the child ankle.

"Seems like a bruise but she needs a xray to just in case."said the doctor to bakugou. Then doctor looked at the kid. "Sweetie, where are your parents?" She asked. Bailey hid her face in bakugou chest.

"She doesn't had parents."said bakugou.

"Send her to hospital for a xray and I will see police to help find her parents."said the doctor. Bakugou walked to the ambulance nearby. He talked to medic about what the girl situation. Bakugou tried to get the girl off him and in the ambulance. Bailey didn't let go of him.

"Dynamight, it's uncommon for child to seem comforted in their rescuers. You can ride together."said the medic. Bakugou sighed. He got in the ambulance. The medics re exam the child for injuries as they drove to the hospital.  Bakugou texted Kirishima that he will be late coming back to the office.

Once they reached the hospital,the doctor tried to coax the child out of the hero arms. It didn't work . So they tried physically forcing the child. It worked but soon Bailey lost her grip on the hero uniform. She screamed bloody murder. The room shook. The medical team had to sedated the child. Bakugou left the room and went to meet with the cops to fill them in on the situation.

"We will try to find her guardian."said the cop.

"Keep me updated."said bakugou. The cop raised an eyebrow. Dynamight isn't known for checking on civilians but cop didn't question it. He nodded.