4

“W-What is this?”

And as if responding to my bewildered muttering, another message arrived.

– X: Oh, what’s this? We signed a contract, Kim Chunyong -.- This is reality.

– X: Don’t keep thinking it’s a dream!!

Reality? Where on earth is there such a dream-like reality?

– X: If you don’t believe it, why not search on your phone? Your name, or the group name at least. It’s okay to look at articles where you were getting criticized too, lol ;-D

I followed the message’s instructions and started searching on a portal site.

Our group name, my name, the insults against me, and the fact of my arrest.

“Um, they’re not here.”

There wasn’t a single one.

Not a single article.

Moreover, the only story related to me in the entertainment industry right now was a single matter.

[August Entertainment, Riding the Idol Survival Trend]

[AG Entertainment, Announces Its Own Survival Show. ‘A Fresh Breeze in the Entertainment Industry’]

[New Boy Group’s Debut? AG Entertainment’s Self-Produced Idol Survival ‘Targeting Star’]

[‘Madness Boy’ Choi Gaon, Selected as MC for ‘Targeting Star’ Idol Survival!]

Eight years ago.

Articles announcing the launch of the idol survival show, “Targeting Star,” which debuted after being cut from the idol group “QUINCE.”

As if I were possessed, I pulled the phone’s status bar down to check the date.

May 3, 202X.

Even the date was exactly one week before the first filming.

I almost dropped my phone.

I had never felt such bewilderment in my entire life.

“So, does that mean that all the auditory and visual hallucinations I saw at the police station because of the alcohol…”

Bing!

– X: Oh, it’s real!! I sent you back in time according to the time when you fainted due to too much drinking. Lol, it was specially prepared for you. Haha.

– X: Okay, okay, let’s proceed with the contract. There’s no time to waste now, right?

– X: Check the goal window in the menu tab and go for it!! If you don’t understand anything, just text me. Haha.

[Application will be updated automatically]

The unidentified messages stopped, and the strange app updated itself and indeed created a menu tab.

I grasped my spinning head and used my trembling hands to tap the one right in the middle, the “Goal Window.”

[Goal Window]

Current Goal: Survival Program <Targeting Star> Final 6 members (Progress 2%)

Ultimate Goal: Becoming the greatest idol in K-pop history (Progress 1%)

Failure: Return to the pre-contract situation

“Debut again with our group, become the greatest idol in K-pop history…”

As I forced myself to read the characters that were somewhat blurry in my eyes, I vaguely remembered seeing such stories on that blue screen back then.

And the part at the very bottom, “Failure: Return to the pre-contract situation.”