33

“Joo An, let’s do the dance break part, with you in the center.”

Although they might be exhausted and gasping for breath, Kim Chunyong’s perfectly fine face dispelled Ji Hwa Sung’s concern.

“W-what?”

Kim Joo An, who was equally exhausted, responded with an incredulous look at Kim Chunyong.

“Huh? You’re the center. If you stand in the front and set the pace, it will be easier for the members behind to follow. That’s what I was talking about.”

“No, I haven’t learned the dance break choreography yet…”

“Huh? You said you were going to be the center. Didn’t you say that before you got the dance break part?”

“…….”

“Oh, no. I wasn’t thinking straight. Maybe you haven’t gotten it yet! I’ll show you. Come here.”

Grinning cheerfully, baring his fangs like a dog, Kim Chunyong dragged Kim Joo An in front of the practice room mirror and sat him down.

Although Kim Joo An resisted a bit, the significant height difference between them made it futile.

“Look, like this. After the ‘Aimed at your Heart‘ part…”

Tip toeing on the ground, and from there, one big turn of the upper body.

Quick steps. Left foot first, then right foot. Repeat twice.

Lightly brush your shoulders with your hands once, head up and isolated.

Extend your upper body to the opposite side of your lower body, acrobatically flip backwards once.

Not missing the details even when bending the body, maintaining the center and turning once.

Sweeping the floor with the knee and smoothly rising with the recoil…

“…Eyes fixed straight ahead.”

Someone standing in front of the practice room door applauded and spoke in a low voice.

Ten pairs of eyes that had been fixated on Kim Chunyong, who was dancing as if possessed, shifted in that direction.

There stood the judge and dance mentor, Jin Dasol.

Unlike during the evaluations, he was now comfortably dressed in training clothes, wearing a stylish rider jacket and numerous silver piercings.

“J-Jindasol Mentor!?”

…was there.

“Yes.”

Jin Dasol, dryly responding to someone’s newly uttered exclamation, walked towards them.

“The front team said the recording is taking longer… so they asked if I could… watch your dance first.”

Jindasol put his hand on the shoulder of Kim Chunyong, who was standing still, catching his breath from the hard dancing he had just done, and shook his head.

“Maybe… I should take a look.”

Ji Hwa Sung rolled his eyes, trying to keep his gaping mouth shut. Yes, now was not the time to be surprised by Jin Dasol’s sudden appearance.

Kim Chunyong’s dance came first.

‘…For a first-timer, is he really that good?’

He didn’t miss a single detail in that difficult dance break, and his facial expressions were on point.

It wasn’t the level of someone who just learned the choreography from watching a dance video. Kim Chunyong’s dance was almost stage-ready at this moment.

While Ji Hwa Sung was astonished by this fact, Kim Chunyong greeted Jin Dasol with a broad smile.

“Hello, Mentor Dasol.”

“You can call me hyung… if you want.”

“Haha, how can I call you that? You’re very funny, sir.”

“Anyway, when our crew arrives… you should call me hyung.”

“Haha! It’s really, really funny! Oh, my stomach hurts. Wait, wait a moment. Haha!”

“….”

Due to Kim Chunyong’s sudden burst of laughter, the conversation was interrupted.

Soon, the six members found themselves standing somewhat nervously in front of their dance mentor, Jin Dasol.

“So, Kim Chunyong, the trainee for the dance break center… is that right?”

Upon Jin Dasol’s question, the other members glanced briefly at Kim Joo An.

Since the moment when Kim Chunyong had showcased the dance break choreography, Kim Joo An had been biting his lips, wearing a pale expression.

The trainees knew what that expression meant.

He was overwhelmed by another’s skill.

Ji Hwa Sung looked at Kim Joo An for just a moment, then responded to Jin Dasol with a bright smile.

“No, our dance break center will be Joo An—.”

“No!”

Kim Joo An hastily interrupted Ji Hwa Sung. Ji Hwa Sung looked at Kim Joo An with a strange expression.

“Huh? Hyung. Hyung clearly said earlier that he wanted to be the dance break center…”

Kim Joo An, aware that Ji Hwa Sung’s attitude was setting a trap, hastily spoke.

“No, no. It was my misconception. It would be better if Chunyong does it.”

There was no room for rebuttal.

It was clear that bringing it up would be a losing move.

“Well… let me see it once, for now.”

Jin Dasol, unaware of the situation, nodded once and motioned for them to stand in formation, and they soon began to move to the beat of his low voice.

[Skill Activated: <Dance to Overwhelm Opponent (C)>]

In a corner of the practice room, Kim Chunyong’s phone was glinting, left face down.