Chapter 24 and Epilogue

Caspian 'Sea' Maskit small exploatory craft landed on the relatively flat liquid surface of the small purple world. His training ensured a flawless entry. The liquid, purple in colour, shimmered in rainbows from the light of two suns. There wasn't a single landmass on the planet, only endless liquid.

Perfect for space whales, Caspian thought. Ally laughed distantly at the back of head.

Caspian tested the water using the ships system. He adjusted his settings.

INPUT/ fins.

INPUT/ gills adapted for nitrogen based liquid.

His skin tight silver swimming suit slipped into the liquid without reaction. His hands, feet, and face were unprotected. The adjustments to the water having already been made.

Elegantly he swam through the liquid, clearer than pure water on earth. It was warm, almost tropical. He swam down, the light from the suns never dimming.

The song had changed as Caspian had gotten closer to the planet. It was a symphony of music now, the reverberations reflecting in the water as rainbows and kaleidoscopic colours. Caspian, drawn to the music, kept swinning down.

The song, in the liquid, was faster, cleaner than he'd every heard it before. It was more like singing than every before.

INPUT/ translated Song with current frequency.

Caspian fed his memories into the program.

The song translated instantly Years of the message came to him in seconds, flooding him.

The beings had welcomed him, talked to him since he was first created. Their Song resonated with the Universe itself, allowing them to sense others who heard them, like cosmic ultrasound. They had shared his pain, sorrow2 and joy. Distance was nothing to this giant beings who sang as one collective soul. It reached to the ends of the Universe, their planet a microphone to their searching for others.

Caspian overwhelmed, wept.

The giant creatures, strange tube like bodies with thousands of fins that kept them revolving around swam towards Caspian. Caspian was dwarfed by their sheer size. They had no eyes to see, only sensors to feel and a 'mouth' to communicate.

Caspian hung in the water, a speck of silver against their multicolor bodies.

INPUT/ vocal chords.

'I've finally come,' Caspian spoke in their language. It was a minute glimmer against their ocean of sparkle, yet their heard.

WE'VE WAITED, the replied. The entire planet throbbing with their joy.

'I heard you. Thank you. The whales of my planet also hear you. They listen for your song- i mean speech.' Caspian didn't know what else to say.

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO HEAR US. YOU ARE THE FIRST TO COME. WILL YOU GO AND FIND OTHERS WHO HEAR? LET THEM KNOW THEY ARE NOT ALONE? THEY SUFFER AS YOU DID? BUT NOW YOU ARE ONE OF US. YOU SHARE THE SOUND.

'There are others? Tell me where to go!' Caspian sang his excitement.

'But, can you find the one who shared with me?' Caspian asked the whales, unafraid of asking them, though they were greater than he would ever dream.

YES. HE HEARS. YOU WILL FIND HIM.

Ally? Our mission just got longer. You're going to love this.

Epilogue

The little planet leaves to find the others.

We will continue to sing. They know one is coming. The son of the man who Listened and Found our Planet. His family will widen to the skies.

We will wait.