StormXSquirrel

(Somewhat ship)

Squirrelflight stalked after a mouse, each paw landing carefully on the grassy ground below them. She lowered herself in a crouching position, keeping her squirrel-like tail low. She crept forward, seeing the mouse looking with its back turned on her, and was about to leap, until a twig cracked and the mouse fled. Fox-dung! she thought angrily. Then a dark grey pelt leaped out of a bush. Squirrelflight thought it was Greystripe, but jerked up when she realised it wasn't.

"Stormfur!" she gasped. Stormfur nodded, his amber eyes warm. "Wh-What are you doing away from The Tribe of Rushing Water?" Stormfur let out a small sigh, his gaze beginning to darken.

"I've quitted from being a Tribe of Rushing Water cat. I realised that I don't belong there and... that I didn't love Brook. Turns out she's not the right cat for me," he explained, and Squirrelflight nodded, understanding why Stormfur quitted. "Anyway, RiverClan treats me like an outcast just for attacking Hawkfrost when he provoked me all those moons ago." He lifted his dark head to look up at the bright blue sky.

"Well, you're welcome to stay in ThunderClan. I'd like to have you in the Clan because it gets so lonely there." The ThunderClan warrior smiled, her gaze filling up with warmth. Stormfur then looked at Squirrelflight and smiled.

"Thank you," he mewed happily. "But there's something I need to tell you ever since the journey to the Sun-Drown-Place." His gaze was more serious now.

"What is it?" Squirrelflight prompted. Stormfur hesitated and shifted his paws about.

"Well, I actually love.. you," he admitted and lowered his head. Squirrelflight lifted his head up with her tail, looking into his eyes and smiling.

"I love you more than I ever loved Brambleclaw," she confessed. Stormfur's gaze darkened when he remembered about Brambleclaw.

"But doesn't he love you? I mean, he's a close friend to me and I don't want him to feel so betrayed," he then said.

"He does, but he can go get another mate. He'll understand," Squirrelflight mewed and Stormfur's gaze lightened up. They then walked away, tails twined, to the ThunderClan camp.