CloudXBright

(Ship it)
"You can stop trying to help me," Lostface said furiously to Cloudtail. "I can never be a warrior!" Cloudtail turned to face the she-cat and to Lostface's surprise, he didn't seem terrified of her wounds the dogpack had left.

"I won't. You deserve to be a warrior," the fluffy white tom mewed.

"But it was my fault Swiftpaw died. I should have stopped him," Lostface whispered as she sat by a puddle, looking into it sadly as she could see her wounds. Cloudtail sat next to her.

"It isn't, Brightpaw." Lostface raised her head and stared at the tom.

"Brightpaw?"

"You'll always remain as Brightpaw to me and not Lostface," Cloudtail mewed. Lostface blinked.

"But why? I don't deserve to be Brightpaw! Not after what I've done..." Lostface looked at the ground, her one blue eye full of sadness as continued to state into the puddle. Cloudtail's fluffy white tail lifted Lostface's head up and his ice-blue eyes looked into Lostface's.

"Because I love you, Brightpaw. You're brave and your wounds from the dogpack show that you are brave and that you will protect your Clan. I can still train you to be a warrior," Cloudtail mewed.

"Okay, Cloudtail," Lostface smiled. "I love you too." The sadness from her blue eye vanished as it was replaced with complete warmth. Cloudtail swept a leaf away with his fluffy tail. He looked around while Lpstface still sat, not uttering a word. Cloudtail's eyes spotted something and then he looked at Lostface.

"There's a mouse over there," he mewed. Lostface stared past Cloudtail and could just see the mouse.

"How am I going to catch it, though?"

"Okay, drop into the hunter's crouch and try stalking it. It's just to see if you can still do it so that I can think of something up if you can't," Cloudtail mewed. Lpstface gave a nod and crouched low until her belly touched the ground. She started crawling forward while Cloudtail watched. When Lostface was close enough to the mouse and the time to pounce was right, she sprang at the mouse with her claws unsheathed. Her black claws sank into the mouse's pelt and it feel limp. Lostface's eye brightened and she turned to Cloudtail, smiling.

"Great catch!" Cloudtail called in praise.

"Thank you," Lostface purred and then picked up the mouse in her jaws, trotting over to the fluffy white warrior.

"Looks like we don't need to come up with something new," Cloudtail smiled.

"It actually felt like I still had my other eye! Cloudtail, you'd make a great mentor when you get your first apprentice," Lostface mewed when she placed the mouse on the ground.

"And so would you," Cloudtail mewed.

"I can't get an apprentice because of my injury, though," Lostface said as her gaze saddened.

"Of course you will! All warriors get an apprentice," Cloudtail mewed. Lostface's blue eye brightened up.

"Maybe I will."