BumbleXDove

(Absolutely don't ship)
Dovewing trotted over to Bumblestripe. The two cats were at the ThunderClan part of the lake.

"Hi --"

"Go away," Bumblestripe growled at Dovewing. Dovewing blinked. Bumblestripe's not like that, she thought with surprise. Bumblestripe was staring blankly into the lake, a tear falling from his eye. He then hung his head low.

"What's wrong?" Dovewing asked the tom.

"You don't love me," Bumblestripe mewed quietly with a hint of sadness in his tone. "Blossomfall was right by saying you were playing with my heart. I'm such a mouse-brain!"

"You're not. And what makes you think I don't love you?" Dovewing asked softly.

"I saw you with Tigerheart at the ShadowClan border," Bumblestripe replied as he looked up.

"We're not mates, Bumblestripe. I don't even love Tigerheart."

"Stop lying to me! I'm not stupid, Dovewing!" Bumblestripe snapped. There was pain in his eyes.

"I'm not lying! I'd never lie to you, because. . ."Dovewing's voice trailed.

"Because what?"

"Because I. . . love you. I didn't mean to hurt you, Bumblestripe. I'd never do that to you.

"You're just saying that," Bumblestripe said as he turned his head away.

"I'm not. I really do love you." Bumblestripe sighed.

"I believe you. And I still love you, actually." His eyes brightened. Dovewing sat next to Bumblestripe. The two cats twined their tails and watched the sun set from the orangey sky, the lake shining.