FireXSpotted

(Don't ship)
Fireheart stood at the entrance of the medicine den, smelling the sweet scent of Spottedleaf. Spottedleaf was saved from Clawface when a band of ShadowClan rogues attacked the Clan. He took a deep breath.

"Spottedleaf?" he called out.

"Come in, Fireheart," Spottedleaf called from the den. Fireheart stepped into the medicine den, padding through the fern tunnel. There Spottedleaf was, standing by the herb pile.

"Spottedleaf... there's something I want you to know," Fireheart began as he looked at his paws, full of anxiety. Spottedleaf stared at the warrior as she waited for what he had to say. "Ever since I first arrived in the camp as a kittypet, when I first saw you, I... well, I know it's against the warrior code, but I love you."

"I love you too, Fireheart!" Spottedleaf mewed. "But I can't be your mate even though I would like to."

"I understand," Fireheart sighed. "If there was no code boundary on mates, I'd be your mate."

"I know, Fireheart," Spottedleaf sighed. "But you have a she-cat who already loves you. I can't break their heart as well the medicine and warrior code."

"Sandstorm? But Dustpelt loves her! I don't want to annoy him more than I already have." Spottedleaf did not speak for a few heartbeats.

"Actually, I'll be your mate. No cat can know about us," she then mewed.

"Really? You don't have to break the warrior and medicine code for me," Fireheart said.

"It is okay, Fireheart. It's my wish to - but only once."

"Okay, Spottedleaf," Fireheart mewed. Yellowfang padded into the clearing of the den.

"What are you two talking about?" she questioned.

"Nothing," Fireheart quickly mewed. Yellowfang blinked for a few heartbeats.

"But I heard you two talking to each other. I couldn't hear what, though," she mewed.

"Fireheart just came in to greet me," Spottedleaf mewed.

"I know when I'm lied to, mouse-brain," Yellowfang mewed.

"Y-you actually heard the conversation?" Fireheart asked. Yellowfang nodded.

"Yes. I may look like an elder to you, but I still have sharp hearing."

"Please don't tell any cat, Yellowfang!" Spottedleaf begged.

"I promise I won't," Yellowfang sighed, as she remembered about her past. "But if I start seeing adopted kits, I will report about you and Fireheart as mates to Bluestar."

"Okay, Yellowfang," Fireheart mewed.

"Thank you for not telling any cat, Yellowfang," Spottedleaf mewed. Yellowfang stared at the tortoiseshell.

"I haven't even got out of the medicine den yet! Do you think the whole Clan would hear me if I said it out loud to you two?"

"No," both Fireheart and Spottedleaf mewed.

"Now I'm going," Yellowfang mewed and began to trot out of the den.

"I'll try to see you later," Spottedleaf mewed to Fireheart.

"Okay. How about at... moonhigh? We could meet up at Sunningrocks," Fireheart said. Spottedleaf thought for a few heartbeats.

"Okay."

"Goodbye," Fireheart mewed as he began to make his way out of the medicine den. Spottedleaf watched as her forbidden mate began to leave her sight.