The Vicious Captain

It started on some slippery grating. There was a red glow right below Astigma that he lunged away from. Just as he had gone into the clear, sharp red spears shot up. It seemed Undyne had finally spotted him. It also seemed that he was going to have to run because there was nowhere to hide around here. "Run, run, run Astigma!!!" Flowey screamed what Astigma already knew and was doing. The red glow would start under him, and he would have to lunge the other way in order to escape. From time to time, he could see Undyne, donned in full armor, on another grated path chasing him. Spears summoned from above him, forcing Astigma to give them his full attention rather than the terrifying captain he'd been told about when he was younger. He slipped and slid as he tried to get past the vicious attacks painlessly, but there were close calls. If Flowey hadn't been with him, he certainly would have had a few spears lodged into him. He made a dive for some long grass and took a reprieve, watching as Undyne tried to find him. Instead, all she found was some armless monster kid. Astigma had gotten lucky this time.

🩸🩸🩸

"Back off, dude! Undyne's gonna kill you for whatever you did, and I'm not gonna be an accomplice!" The monster kid snapped as soon as Astigma stepped out. "Doesn't matter none to me." Astigma replied. "She just doesn't like me because I was born." MK sneered at him. "As she should be, filthy human." With that, MK stalked away, and Astigma continued on his merry way. He refused to admit how tired he was, going through all that with minimal rest. He had to keep moving forward, though, for the sake of Anton. Astigma solidified that thought once more into his mind before he marched on once more, stopping only once to keep MK from falling off a bridge. There was a begrudging thank you, at least. The caverns of Waterfall became quiet as he got closer to Hotland. Less monsters attacked him, and he knew, even without Flowey's help, that he was entering into Undyne's space. He clutched the bone attack close as he went to enter into the final cavern leading to Hotland. Unfortunately, Undyne was quicker and blocked his way. "Alright, brat. Let's see how worthy you are to hold that attack!"

🩸🩸🩸

Undyne was fast. Fast and ruthless and even with a shield from Undyne's magic and the attack in his hands, he couldn't stop them all. Nor could Flowey, who was getting shredded and ultimately abandoned ship, leaving Astigma alone once more. Huh. Some friend. As soon as the green effect left him, Astigma took off running as fast as he could, desperately looking for something to increase his HP. He ended up shoving a piece of monster candy in his mouth just as Undyne caught up to him. "Fleeing? Stars, you must be a fucking disappointment to you dad... then again, he couldn't face me like a man either!" His soul was turned green and he was taking a beating once more. The process repeated again and again. Astigma would flee when he had the chance. Undyne would catch up and insult him before turning him into a pin cushion. He would eat something so he wouldn't die. It had to come to an end eventually, though. He made it to a cooler in Hotland's entrance, and Undyne couldn't move in the heat. Astigma honestly thought to just leave her... but she had trained his father... so he granted mercy and gave her some water.