Pearl River, NY

"Don't forget to study for that essay on Friday! I'll see you at school tomorrow," a handsome boy smiled, waving goodbye to his friend after walking her home. His friend was barely over five feet, with short, dark brown hair and almost-as-dark eyes. The friend, Hana, waved goodbye and smiled as well. Then, she stepped into her home with a huge sigh.

     "Who was that young man, hm?" an old man's voice asked, coated with a slight accent. Hana didn't even jump at the sudden confrontation.

     "He was just a friend, gramps," the girl replied, rolling her chocolate brown eyes as she turned to face the graying man. Though she wasn't very tall herself, the man was shorter than Hana and enough that she had to look down at him. Dressed in a beautiful blue yukata, he shuffled around the house in nothing but his crisp white socks. Much different to the band tee shirt and ripped jeans that Hana wore. "Really...me and Jacob were just talking. There's no need to be so suspicious."

     "Though, I think I'm allowed to be suspicious, right?" a tall, dark man questioned, his hands on his pockets as he strolled up to Hana. The girl gave him her attention and groaned in annoyance. This man was Sora Tsukino. He was much taller than Hana, with jet black hair, light blue eyes, and pale skin. He was dressed in a black button-down shirt and dark wash jeans, walking around in his own socks.

     "Just because you and gramps have a contract doesn't restrict me from having friends," the girl retorted, hands on her hips in a defiant stance.
Sora placed a hand over his heart, feigning a hurt expression at her response. "Hana, how could you overlook my obvious feelings for you?" He asked incredulously.

     "Oh, shut up, Sora. You have no jurisdiction over me and you know it," she sighed once again. Sora shrugged nonchalantly, leaving the conversation in favor of the kitchen.

     An old, wise voice chastised Hana once the tall man had disappeared, saying, "You should be more grateful towards him, Hana. He can provide for you and protect you once I'm gone."

     "But, you're not going anywhere anytime soon, gramps," Hana reassured, more for herself than for her grandfather. With that said, the college student dragged herself upstairs to her room for a night filled with homework.