Let's Do Some Research

Dr. Allen lead two FBI agents to the morgue, explaining how the victims all died in odd ways. Like, how one had supposedly committed suicide by inhaling his aerosol deodorant. The most recent was reported to have been sitting on a roof while gripping onto a lightning rod...in the middle of a thunderstorm. The agents weren't sure how odd these suicides could get, finding that the victims all attended the same college and lived relatively close to one another.

     "Uh, Dr. Allen, could you tell us who witnessed the last suicide?" Sam asked, glancing up from the file of Maria Sangster. Dean was still poking around her remains to find any clues to what might have caused the girl's death. The doctor gave the younger Winchester the address of the Sangster's neighbor, smiling sadly before leaving to do some paper work.

     "It's a shame," Dr. Allen sighed, just before he left. "All of them were so young; with so much potential."

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

     As Sam returned to Dean's side, the older brother covered the body and said, "well, I didn't find any sulfur or ectoplasm anywhere on the chick...what did you find?"

     "I found a witness," Sam began. "This girl's friend and neighbor, Lynda had just come home when she saw Maria on her rooftop. She tried to get Maria down, but apparently she wasn't acting like herself and-"

     "And, lemme guess: before any help came, Maria was already fried to a crisp," finished Dean, glancing at the covered body on the table in front of them.

✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

     "Hello?" Answered an older woman, looking to be in her forties as she opened the door.

     "Hello, ma'am, we're Agents Dawson and Merrick. Is your daughter around?" Replied Dean, him and his brother flashing their fake badges for the mother.

     "This is about Maria, isn't it?" The woman sighed, straightening up and leading the two men into her home.

     "She's been burying herself in her school work ever since Maria...passed away," the mother stated, referring to her daughter's well being. She lead the Winchesters up the stairs, to a crisp white door decorated with photos of Lynda and her friends. "Lynda, honey, some men are here to ask you some questions..."

     The door creaked open, a blonde head peaking out into the hall. Seeing Sam and Dean, she allowed them inside. After some basic questions, the blonde had confessed to seeing a black smoke leave Maria's body. She believed it was because her body was...fried to a crisp. Though, this little detail peaked an interest in the two hunters.

     There was no doubt about it: they were hunting a demon. All they had to do now was track it down and gank the son of a bitch.