Chapter 37: Ominous Alliance Part 1

Beta read by Shigiya and Darklord331

.

.

.

-Akame Beach-

“After the destruction of the Tower, I found Wally, Sho and Millianna unconscious on the beach's shore.” said Simon, him and the group Sitting in a spacious room filled with countless luxuries. The main Fairy Tail group was invited somewhere with more privacy and by these people, which everyone found out were related to Erza and Broly's past. A tall and burly man Broly called Simon started to speak, giving the group a small resume of their past. 

Meanwhile, Wally had the staff collect all the members of Phantom Lord and bring them to the local Rune Knights branch stationed nearby. Rubbing salt to their wounds, he alluded to sending multiple bills at Phantom Lord's guild to pay for the damages done, emphasizing the need to pay back or face consequences. Milliana was especially proud, puffing her chest and commenting on the power of the rich.

“There were others we found, though many were missing regardless of how long we searched. So, we decided it was better to move on before any reinforcement showed up and captured us again. Our first stop was Rosemary Village, a place we once called home.” 

Erza tensed up, recalling memories of her time in that village. Her former home where she lived before getting kidnapped by the raiders. “Is everyone still…” She asked, her expression being more than enough for Simon to figure out what she wanted to say. 

“Hah… I wish I had something good to say to you, Erza. But the place was abandoned and apparently everyone moved away after what happened with the kidnapping. They most likely didn't feel safe there anymore and thus left to search a safer place — everyone.” 

Broly squinted his eyes, sensing the meaning behind those words. While in the tower, he recalled Simon talking about a sister who managed to evade their fate. The likelihood he searched for her was high and came out empty-handed. “Some of the survivors decided to settle over there, remake their past home. But I couldn't… I had to search for her.”

““I understand.”” 

Both Erza and Broly said in unison, their hands crossed as both gave a nod simultaneously. A sight that made Simon and Wally chuckle, the nostalgia washing over them. 

‘She hasn't changed.’ 

Millianna raised her hand, “Of course, we couldn't just let Simon go out all by himself nya! So we tagged along as well, some of us had family somewhere out there as well.” Her eyes trailed to Wally, the blue suit polygon-faced wizard shrugging his shoulders before taking a puff of his cigar. 

“Of course, that included both of you.” He added.

And so, Simon continued his story. “Eventually, days turned to weeks, months, and without knowing, an entire year passed. We realized that the strategy of searching for bits and pieces of clues in different places wasn't ideal. So, we decided to settle down, stopping at a local village nearby, where there were plenty of opportunities for work even for newcomers like us. To settle down for a bit, gather resources and search for your whereabouts more efficiently rather than running around blind.” 

“A year you say? Hm, I hadn't even gotten my S-Class wizard title back then and I was still very new to guild. So getting any clue would have been impossible. Why didn't you immediately come to Magnolia?”

“You can say that again, we had doubts ourselves but it didn't hurt to try. As for your question, we did, it was amongst the first places we passed through given that was where Fairy Tail resided but found no traces of you. Guess we came there far too early…”