Two can play that game

June 2021 - Rome, Italy

Olivia's POV
Ever since Leah came to mine to help me finish decorating my home, she's been awkward around me. She is now more cautious on her actions. I don't know what's up with her but I hope to find out in the trip. Which reminds me that I have to finish packing as we leave tomorrow. I know always procrastinating, that's how I am.

Leah's POV
These last days before we fly to Italy have been exhausting. But not because I've been busy, the reason are these thoughts about someone who seem to be stuck in my head. It's probably just me overthinking the situation, but that has led me to be awkward around Olivia and now she must think something's wrong with me. Which isn't at all wrong, is it wrong to thing that I might like Olivia as more than a friend? Ugh, I think the best way to end this thoughts is to push them aside, which will be a challenge because we're going to spend 6 days together in Italy. But I mean, what can possibly happen there?

***

Olivia's POV
I was woken up by my alarm going off. Today we're flying to Italy and I can't be more excited to be there. Me and Leah have always wanted to go there, we both think that the history that the country has and the culture it's just something else.

I got up and got dressed with a nike set, black joggers and a black hoodie, something comfortable for the flight. I walk downstairs and eat something but no too much, and then I revise that I have everything that I need. Not long after, my mum sends me a text saying that in 5 minutes they'll be at my door. So, I grab my luggage and lock the house. It doesn't take long for my family to arrive, my dad gets off and helps me put the suitcase in the trunk.

On our way to the airport my family and I discussed what could we do in the two cities that we were going to visit, Rome and Venice. When we arrived my mum called Amanda and they agreed to meet at the gate. So we went to do the check in and then we passed the security to check our hand bags. Once, we were done, we went to our gate and sat down while waiting for Leah's family. 15 minutes later I saw Leah with her family walking towards us and Jack was the very first to embrace in a hug Jacob and Leah, sometimes it seems my brother loves more them than me. Which I hope it's not like that. Once they reached the gate both families greet each other and make small conversation.

Not long after, the airline's assistant started announcing that we could now board the plane. We were on the third group so we were one of the last ones to board. Our seats weren't all together because we're two families so instead, we made pairs, Jacob and Jack together the parents together and me and Leah. I look at the ticket to see what seat and row we sit and mine is the one from the window, and Leah's the in between one. About half an hour after the last passengers board, the plane starts to move to get in position to take off. I feel myself start feeling nervous and I look at Leah who unlike me is very much relaxed. When I hear the engines I close my eyes and just pray that nothing happens while we're on the air. I then feel that Leah interlocks her hand with mine and starts stroking her thumb on the back of my hand trying to calm me, and it worked, I looked at her and flashed her a smile.

We were now in the middle of the flight, we still have 1 hour left till we land in Rome. Leah has as always fallen asleep on my shoulder and she hasn't let go of my hand, and somehow that made me feel... butterflies? It can't be, can it? Anyways enough, even if I they are, I can't like Leah because if I were to like her and she finds out she'll stop talking to me, just like it happened before only that in that case I didn't like her. But why am I even thinking this? Do I like Leah?

Soon enough, my thought were interrupted by the flight assistant announcing that we were landing in 15 minutes, so I looked at Leah who was still sleeping. I stroke her hair and she starts to wake up.