Game on

June 2021 - Rome, Italy

Olivia's POV
I was talking to Syd about my thoughts about Leah and that I might like her, until I was interrupted by Leah telling me something I was not expecting to ever hear her say.

"I've been having the same thoughts Olivia" Leah says while bursting through the door.

I turn around at first with a confused and then when I see her my face completely changes into a surprised one. Is she serious right now?

"What did you just say?" I ask Leah with a tone of disbelief.

"Are you deaf Olivia or-" Syd starts saying. Shit, I totally forgot about Syd and her being on facetime with me earlier.

"Syd shut up, I'll hung up now okay?" I interrupt her while still looking at Leah, who has now a thinking and worried face.

"Okay bye, but promise me you'll tell me how this ends, thanks bye!" she says and I agree with her with whatever she said and hung up. I throw my phone to my bed and look at Leah again, waiting for her to repeat what she said.

There's silence for a moment and we just stare at each other, I think both trying to process has just happened. Tension was building, Leah then, starts walking towards me but stops and looks away from me.

"I said that..." she pauses. "that I've been having the same thoughts about you Olivia" she says with a soft voice and looks at me. I can't find words to say anything my mind is blank, I mean is Leah really saying that maybe she likes me back?

"Uh... I don't know how to- I don't have any words-" I stutter, my god Olivia come on.

"It's okay, I said this out of nowhere we can talk about it an other day" Leah says now heading to her bed casually as if she didn't just told me confirmed me that we might like each other. I just stand there and watch her.

"Are you going to stand there and watch me sleep or what?" she says with a little laugh. Cute.

"Yeah no, sorry" I walk to the end of her bed and sit. "I actually want to talk about whatever had just happened now, so don't go to sleep yet, please". I tell her

"You sure? 5 minutes ago you were out of words" She says. This girl. I roll my eyes at her.

"Well I'm sorry for not finding the right words after you literally said that maybe you like me back." I say with a sarcastic tone.

"And I forgive you" She smiles at me and I push her down to the bed. "Stop trying to avoid the conversation and find the words to express what are these thoughts that you've been having" she tells me. I sigh and look away from her. Here we go.

"Okay yeah." I pause for a second, and I suddenly realise and question how did Leah know about these thoughts? Dis she listen to the whole conversation with Syd? "Wait before I start, did you just hear me say that I have these thoughts? Like did you just pass by our room and hear it by accident?" I ask. She then avoids eye contact and doesn't answer. And then I get it, she was eavesdropping. But she doesn't say anything, until I did. "Did you hear all the conversation?" I ask. But Leah wasn't saying anything, I mean I just caught her. But I'm not mad or anything. "Leah you can tell me, I'm not angry at you for listening. I would probably do the same." I say and move to sit next to her, and she looks at me.

"I did... I did hear part of the conversation, when you started explaining about earlier, when I said to you if you were going to join me in the pool." Leah says.

"That's... well you've basically everything I said about you, I don't mind though, seen how it has taken us to now, talking about it." I say and flash her a smile. She smiles back.