•Chapter Twenty-one

-Dhivti-

I frown as I see him walking out just like that. I felt him getting still all of a sudden in my arms.

"He remembered his words," Chhaya aunty says.

"Words?" I ask.

"Akash's words. He- he told my Jahaan that he will also end up like him. It- it is eating him up," she sobs. My mother goes to her and hugs her to calm her down.

"My Jahaan can never be like him, Sheetal. Never," Chhaya aunty says in between her sobs.

I know. I know that Jahaan Joshi can never be like that. Heck, he cannot even think about mistreating a woman. Jahaan Joshi is a man who would cut off his hands before ever laying them on a woman.

I will make sure he believes it.

I walk out to find him. I don't know if he needs space but my feet just move towards him. I want to see him.

I see him standing near the railing of his garden while looking up at the sky.

I slowly go towards him and stand beside him. I don't know what to say. I really don't know how to console people. What should I say?

"I am not him, Dhivti," he says. I look at him and he turns his face towards me.

"I will never hurt you. In any way," he says.

I think my heart is melting. This man right here is doing wonders to my heart. I came here to assure him that he is not like that monster and instead, it is him who is assuring me? How can anyone be so.... so perfect?

"I know," I say.

He looks at me with so much love in his eyes. I wonder if I even deserve to be looked at like that.

"I have really missed you, Dhivti Verma," he says and I instantly blush.

What the heck is wrong with me? he chuckles at my state.

"How did you end up here, Dhivti?" he asks.

"I went to pick mummy up and also offered a ride to Chhaya aunty so we all came here to first drop her but then we saw him standing outside the door. Chhaya aunty went into a shock and I realized something was wrong. However, somehow Chhaya aunty told us who it is and I also remembered that you had told me about him. I gave my phone to mummy so she can call you," I say.

"You had my number?" he asks.

"No, Chhaya aunty told us," he nods.

"Thank you, Dhivti. I can't even explain how much it means to me what you did for my mother," he says.

"It is okay," I murmur.

My eyes move towards his hands which are so bruised. Oh god. That must be hurting like a bitch.

"Wait. I will come back," I tell him and go inside to my car to get a first aid kit. I always keep it for emergencies.

I hurriedly get it and go back to him.

I hold his hands which first shocks him and me as well.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

I also don't know, damn it. I don't reply and take him to the bench in the garden. I make him sit and also take a seat next to him. I show him the first aid kit. He frowns at first then looks at his hands and then it dawns to him. What the hell? This man didn't even know his hands are bruised? Doesn't it hurt?

I shake my hand and slowly take his hand in mine as I get the ointment from the kit.

All this while, I feel his intense gaze on me as I am tending to his wounds. I blush just knowing that his eyes are on me.