Chapter 26: Gas It

Elnasio's POV

"KATIE!!" I shouted.

I could hear her and Gina's footsteps running out of the building.

I could feel the woman I love hurting.

I should have told her; I should have made certain she was aware of everything! I never wanted to hurt my little Kit Kat. She must know I love her! She must know that I am in love with her!

"Austin, take Debra to the hospital and make sure she is charged with the crimes she has committed," I command.

"You got it, man! Go get her." Austin replies.

"Thanks, man." I stand up, brush off my suit and pat Austin on the back on my way out.

I start running out of the building towards my car, starting it and following the road Katie must have taken.

I gas the car, and as I zoom through the abandoned area, I notice police lights and an ambulance up ahead.

I have never driven so fast in my life! I sped up towards the scene, praying that my little Kit Kat wasn't involved.

I stopped my car in the middle of the road, and I leaned forward to get a better look. I notice a motorcycle on the ground. It's the same one my little Kit Kat came on... I could not control my anger as I opened my car door and ran toward the scene, looking frantically for her.

I'm getting closer and I notice glass covered in blood on the ground.

"Sir, you can't be over here. This is an accident scene." An officer called out as he ran over to me.

I didn't care, nor did I stop. I ran towards the bike and looked around, but I didn't see her or Gina.

"Sir, I said this is an accident scene! You cannot be here!" The officer shouted once again.

Ignoring the man, I glanced toward the closed ambulance doors and ran up to them, ripping them open.

My heart is racing, and my anger only intensifies when I look inside and no one is back here.

"Sir, this is your final warning! Please get in your car and leave this scene!" The same officer demands, aggressively.

"What happened? Where are the girls?!" I yell at the man.

I am hovering over his short frame, and he stammers out, "No one was here when we got the call, sir."

I look towards the bike again and around the scene to finally notice something hanging from a tree. I run towards it and see that it's Katie's jacket. I grab it and dig through any pocket I can find. 

I felt around and found a key that said "E" on it.

I ran toward my car and started the engine, going around the police to the place the key opened... my house.

Someone has taken my little Kit Kat and they will be sorry.

_______________________________

Ciara's POV (Last night)

After running out the door, I smell cigarette smoke instantly and wince.

"Where are you going?" Toby asks, leaning against his car.

"I have to get out of here!" I shout at him.

"So, you can ruin the plan?" Toby inquires. "I don't think so". He says as he blows out a gust of smoke.

The front doors swung open and there stood Eduardo.

Before I could run, I had a rag shoved in my face.

"You won't be telling anyone, anything, Ciara," Eduardo states as he walks over.

I gasp through the rag and fall due to the weakness I feel in my bones.

I have to tell her that they are working together. She can't trust them!

_______________________________

Gina's POV

"Kat!" I shout. 

"Wake up!

"BRAKE!" I shout.

It was, however, useless. I tried to grab the handles, but it was too late. We ran into the rail on the road and fell off the bike. I hit my head on something hard and nearly passed out. I tried to focus on something, but everything was a bit blurry. I could not even speak.

I tried to stand up but kept falling due to the pain in my head. I started hearing gravel moving and heard a vehicle approaching. I started to wave my hands so they could see me, and I heard the car come to a stop on the pavement.

A door opens and I try to clear my eyes, but they are dimming more. The person runs up to me and shouts, "Gina, I thought that was you. Where is Katie?"

I could not respond and just pointed in different directions.

"Rest, Gigi, you'll be fine." the man says.

I tried to say something, but my body started to shut down as the pain increased.

__________________________

Elnasio's POV

I pressed the gas harder and swerved around the cars on the highway, trying to get to my house as fast as I could.

I dial Austin.

"Someone took her! They are at my house!" I shout into the speaker.

"I just got Debra to the hospital. You won't believe the news I received."

"Tell me, Austin!" I demand.

"She was not really pregnant, and Eduardo isn't dead, he has a concussion and is at the infirmary. He says he and Debra were working with two guys named Toby and Rodney. Any idea of who these people are?" Austin asks.

What? 

Why would so many people be in on this? 

My brother wouldn't work for someone who had nothing to give him in return.

"Did he say what he was getting in exchange?" I question.

"Yes." Austin voices.

"What is it, dammit?!" I yell.

"Katie."

I hang up and accelerate more, trying to get home.