𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐭-2

Lucerys slowly descended down on the shores of Dragonstone. The flight back from Storms End was rather quiet. The second he climbed off Arrax vomit hit the shores. He stayed on his knees on the shore, Arrax giving him comforting shoves and nudges. on shaky legs he walked towards the castle and the guards escorted to the war room. fear and anxiety swimmed its way in his body as he came to a stop in his mother's presence.

She and Daemon turned around to the boys entrance and smiled at the relief. "Sweet boy, why do you look like that?" she asked him confused.

Corlys was on the other side of the table listening. Luke swallowed thickly, "I killed Aemond."

The silence was deafening.

"he... he chased after me with Vhagar. I got scared. Whitefyre breached the seas and took Vhagar down with her," Lucerys explained as his voice shook in fear.

What he expected was yelling, maybe even getting hit for such a drastic situation. instead daemon laughed and clapped his hands. "The greens don't have their biggest dragon, love. This is good news."

his mother was very much on the opposite of Daemon's thinking. "Luke is a kinslayer! He'll be known for that now. just because Aegon is a drunken king does not mean alicent and Otto won't make him retaliate at us." Rhaenyra snapped.

"there's a chance he might've survived.... but I'm not sure," Luke added.

"Aemond used his war dragon, that he stole, that he knows is extremely old and war trained. He took that dragon and chased after lucerys and Arrax. Arrax is big but it's not a fair fight. if it wasn't for Whitefyre we all would be getting a very different message, your grace," Corlys told her.

Rhaenyra's shoulders slumped forward and a tired sigh left her mouth. If anything happened to Luke she would've never forgave herself for sending him. If she had to choose between the lives of her siblings or sons, she would choose her son's each time. The idea of losing Luke became too overwhelming as she walked over to him and pulled him into a tight hug. she pulled away and caressed his face.

"go on to your chambers. it's okay," she reassured him.

as he turned to leave and walk the empty halls he could hear Daemon setting up protecting details now. Everyone is on high alert for when the Greens find out about Aemond's death. days passed and nothing had happened yet. This made Lucerys think maybe they found pieces of him or that he was found alive. his mind was constantly occupied with whatever his mother needed him for. baela still barely spoke to him for whatever reason. not that he didn't mind. He found himself constantly searching for silence and often found it on the beach. jacaerys would be told of Aemond when he returned from the North if rumors haven't already spread so fast across the realm like wildfire. Luke wasn't sure how long Jace was going to take in the North or at the Vale. he just knew he would be alone for a while.

Rhaenyra had her son sending letters and continuing his lessons in becoming future Lord of the Tides. That he could even focus. Vhagar's screams of pain echoed in his mind. He often wonders what Aemond thought of before he died. He wondered if losing his eye for the damned dragon was worth it in the end.

He kept pushing the thoughts away and continued his training. It wasn't until he couldn't handle the training anymore because of his constant wave of nausea and dizziness. It had been a total moon since aemond's death and he could barely stomach food. He spent his time with his younger brothers since he hadn't seen them much since living on Driftmark. Jace sent word he managed to get the Vale and House Stark on their side. He would travel back with them in a moon time. Another moon without his brother but Luke would manage.

That's what he kept telling himself.

Daemon was supposed to leave for Harrenhal but he stayed a bit longer on Dragonstone. Making sure preparations were in place in case something went wrong or gods forbid someone betrays them. Lucerys found himself heaving over a bucket after his usually favorite dessert was now tasting bitter. Daemon walked over to him and gently rubbed soothing circles on his back.