LORE??????????? yes

[someone get matpat on this /j]

(anyways quick cw for implied d3ath, su!c!de attempts, loss, and a lot of "self"-hatred)

space to not look ig:

i

D

K

W

H

A

T

T

O

P

U

T

H

E

R

E

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just because you're sorry doesn't mean they'll forgive you.

Think about it: you were mad that you lost three of your kids, so much so that you almost lost the only one left, because they just couldn't take it anymore.

Stop acting grateful they're still alive, you were treating them like shit beforehand. But now, you pity them constantly. It's starting to get annoying for them.

The damage was already done, they blame themself for what happened to their siblings, and it's YOUR fault they do. YOU fed them those thoughts.

And now look at what you almost caused.

They could've died, they could've been able to reunite with their siblings. You would never, though, I'm never letting you do so, you don't deserve it.

You never deserved it... your one and only child deserves a better father than you. You could've been there to support them after you both lost everyone else, but no. You just had to snap at them.

You know... words are like throwing a rock into a lake. While it disappears within seconds, do you ever stop and wonder how deep the rock goes?

I wonder if you ever thought that before you almost lost them too, or if that just triggered the sudden change of heart.

Trust me, they know you're pitying them. They don't love you any moreso, in fact, they probably hate you now... and good for them.

You were their father - the one they could always go to for support. That was your responsibility, and yet you threw that all away, and for what? Revenge for your three other children?

They're disappointed in you too.

They figured that you'd be able to move on afterwards, and support their surviving sibling in the process... but then again, you've always disappointed your family members.

The only thing you can do to truly remedy all of this is die yourself.

Let your one last child move on, slowly being able to forget about the torture you put them through.
Let your three other kids move on, awaiting the day all four of them can reunite.

While you can rot eternally for influencing them all to even venture out where they shouldn't have in the first place.

You put the blame on the survivor, but it was all your fault anyways. They only knew about the maze because of you telling them, and how to even get there.

You caused Red, Yellow, and Blue's deaths. You caused Green to almost die as well. YOU CAUSED ALL OF THIS.

THIS IS JUST WHAT YOU DESERVED.

...

...

...

Slowly opening his eyes, Draw Four silently looked up at the rock ceiling, trying to recall the days he'd wake up to hear the sounds of children running around, and put himself back in those times... back when he actually felt like life was worth living.

Hearing footsteps walk close by, he snapped out of it to see Draw Two - his last remaining child - who seemed to be turning around rather frequently, like they kept feeling like something was watching them.

"Hey, Green." he called out, trying to get their attention. Draw Two didn't respond, however, they just kept walking on, acting like if they didn't hear anything. Draw Four repeated, only this time a bit louder.

They turned around, staring for a couple seconds as their father asked how their night was, before silently making a thumbs up.

"That's good... mine... wasn't the best." their dad admitted, before slowly standing up, and walking over to them. "...I'm sorry."

No response at all.

I'm right, you know. They don't forgive you, and they're completely justified not to. You kept pushing the blame onto them, and look what they almost did to themself.

You don't deserve to still have them around, they deserve to be back with their siblings - their true family, and not a father so bad that I can barely even consider you one.

They don't forgive you, Draw Four, and they never will. Not until you prove that you're sorry by getting rid of the one who scarred them most, yourself.

Draw Two stepped back, before walking off in silence, quickly writing something down on a piece of paper. Draw Four almost ran over to it, picking it up.

"I don't care if you're sorry, that doesn't erase what you did."

...

Told you so.