wholesome oneshot

Waiting silently at the spawn, Draw Two began to zone out while they waited for their best friend to get there - one of the few people they could trust... not even their own father, even if he was trying to change...

It wouldn't erase anything he did in the past.

"Hey, Drawy!" someone called out, trying to snap their fingers in front of them. Draw Two snapped back to reality, seeing that they were a mostly red booklet with wings. "Zoning out, weren't you? Hey, I'm the friend that zones out, not you!"

They chuckled a bit, before making a couple hand gestures at their friend.

"...You know I don't know sign language very well, I'm still learning it!" he replied, before Draw Two did some more. "See, I know that means sorry. Also don't worry, it's fine..."

"Hey wait, where's your usual pen and paper you use to communicate?"

Draw Two shrugged, their face seeming worried.

"Do you... not wanna go get it?" the red booklet asked, before seeing a faint nod. "That's okay, I can always spawn some new ones in right... now!"

A pen and whiteboard fell from the sky out of nowhere, landing down onto the ground. Draw Two picked them both up, as they began to write. Their friend giggled, saying that his dad had been teaching them how to do that.

Draw Two turned the board around, revealing what they had written: [Thanks, UNO Rulebook.]

"Heh, you're welcome, Drawy!" he exclaimed, as their wings fluttered up in joy. "Anyways, you wanna hang out today?"

[Why not?] Draw Two wrote, looking around in paranoia, feeling like they were being watched. [Don't worry, I'm fine...]

"...You sure, or do you just not wanna talk about it?" UNO Rulebook asked quietly, beginning to walk in front of them. "It's okay if you don't want to... sometimes we all feel like that."

Draw Two stayed quiet, feeling their eyes water up. They quickly wiped them while UNO Rulebook wasn't looking, as they began to walk as well, although staying a bit behind.

- - -

"-so now there's a whole universe with Sawoman, Meani-Man, and even more characters we made up!" UNO Rulebook continued, having been talking about that world the entire way there. Draw Two stayed silent, but they were listening immensely, even chuckling at some of the details.

[The princess is really played by Zenith?]

"Yeah, for some reason. Think Toxic must've assigned him that, it just makes sense." they answered, before suddenly stopping. "Wait... I just realized I could've teleported us there... wow, I'm an idiot."

Draw Two laughed, before quickly writing that UNO Rulebook wasn't an idiot; just a bit scatter-brained.

"...You're not wrong, Drawy." they replied quietly, before silently snapping his fingers, which took them both into the sky, standing over clouds. Draw Two instantly lost their balance, and fell onto them - good thing they were soft!

Slowly getting back up, they quickly shut their eyes, having accidentally stared directly at the sun. UNO Rulebook asked if they were okay, of which Draw Two tried to answer using their whiteboard, but their handwriting was a bit messier due to their temporarily hindered vision.

"You... ate?" UNO Rulebook asked in confusion, before Draw Two burst out laughing, trying to turn what looked like a 't' to an 'r'. "Oh... you are! Sorry, heh..."