[8] - The Loved Ones

♥ Elody's P.O.V. ♥

While Aaron took Ari to the nurse's office, hell had broken loose on the volleyball court. Brook went all ballistic on the guys for being so immature and irresponsible. Even though Aaron had been the one who'd spiked the volleyball onto Ari's head, most of Brook's anger was taken out on Ian.

Fearing Brook's wrath, the rest of the girls and guys left the court meekly. Ms. Reine and Mr. Smith walked off court, oh so innocently. Ian, Brook, Damon and I were the last ones court, preventing Brook to go all Super Sain on Ian.

"Are you fucking CRAZY! Ari could have gotten seriously hurt!" Brook lectured.

"Sorry..." Ian murmured in response. His shoulders raised uncertainly like he wasn't used to being in such positions with a screaming girl ahead of him.

"Sorry, my ass!" Brook roared. I snorted in humor but was completely shut up by Brook's death glare. One rule. When Brook is angry, there's only one option. Step. Off.

"You know what? Calm your tits, lady! It's not like she died!" Ian retorted, pointing his finger at Brook angrily. Oh... fuck. Ian, you just made a mistake.

I tried signaling Ian to cut it off by drawing a line across my throat and shaking my hand. Ian looked at my strangely, then turn his attention to Brook. Whereas Brook, her face went pale. I knew exactly what was going through her head.

Amber Fay.

Brook started shuddering and her hair covered her face. Ian and Damon stared in shock. Ian placed his hands on Brook's shoulder.

"Brook? Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry!" Ian said desperately. Brook didn't even notice Ian hands.

I walked to her and threw Ian's hands off of Brook. I gave him a disapproving face and held Brook in my arms.

"Brook! Brook, it's Elody. It's gonna be alright. Listen to me. Can you hear me?" I whispered into her ear. She looked up into my eyes. They held such sadness and guiltiness.

"It's my fault. She's dead because of me." Brook said bursting into tears. Her sobs echoed off the court walls. I lead her out of the volleyball court leaving two extremely guilty boys behind. I take her to the boxing room. Yeah I know! Kinda weird how this school has a boxing room. I lead her to a punching bag. I wrapped boxing gloves around her arms. I checked my phone. We had about 5 minutes of PE until it finished.

"Brook. I want you to punch. Let all your emotions out. You are NOT guilty. It was Amber's destiny to die. You couldn't have stopped it if you tried. Punch!" I lecture her, holding the punching bag from the back. I felt Brook weak punches apply on the bag. With each punch each got stronger. Soon, I heard her yelling at the bag. She punched furiously. I removed my body from behind the bag giving her every offence option to destroy the punching bag. She punched like there was no tomorrow. The bag went miles with each punch. I looked at her while she punched, making sure she didn't harm herself in a vulnerable state.

Eventually the punching bag gave away. It went flying across the room. Brook was breathing heavily, her sadness were now replaced with anger.

"Let's go." Brook commanded leaving and heading to the changing room. I followed without question. Right now, all Brook needed was to chill.

I quickly changed and hugged Brook goodbye. I ran to my Physics class. I smoothly swerved and weaved through the crowd. I entered the room and sprinted up to the right back corner of the classroom.

I opened my bag and laid my books onto my desk. I saw something in flash in my book. I slid it out and it was a picture of my parents and my brother. I smiled sadly at the picture, resting my thumb on my dad's cheek.