50(2)• It's all fate

Agastya's POV
Flashback continues

"Var vadhu hawan kr pass aakar baithe", the priest said.

(Bride and groom please come and sit near the fire)

We both came to the Shiv temple where we come on every shivratri.

It was early morning 4:00 and there was no one except us and the priest.
I Carried the Mangalsutra, Vermilion and Main things while the remaining things were already arranged in the temple.

*मंगलम् भगवान विष्णुः, मंगलम् गरुणध्वजः।

मंगलम् पुण्डरी कक्षः, मंगलाय तनो हरिः॥*

*शुभ मंगल सावधान*

(Hindu chants, changed during the wedding)

We offered prayers to got in front of the holy fire while the priest started with the Chants.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Vadhu ki mang mai Sindoor bhare", pandit ji said and I filled the coin with vermillion and before applying it in her hair partition, I looked into her eyes, she smiled and I applied the vermilion, my heart was pounding way too fast while I was still feeling like this is a dream.

(Fill her hair partition with vermilion)

A dream that really come true.

After the vermilion, I made her wear the Mangalsutra, she looked at and ohh my god...
So damn unreal.

She's mine.
Mine.
And only mine.

She's looking like a goddess of serenity.
My serenity.
My calm.
My Nirvana.

"Phero ke liye khade ho jaiye", he asked and we stood looking at each other.

(Stand up for the the rounds around the holy fire)

The chants began and we took the first round of the holy fire, holding hands together and initiating our forever together, surrendering ourselves in the pure and divine, taking fire as witness, "Aap Aaj se hamari Ardhangini hai aur ham Agni ko sakshi maan kar ye vachan dete hai ki ham hamesha apka hath thame rahenge, kitni bhi mushkile aae, kitne bhi kharab halat ho, ham apka sath kabhi nahi chhodenge", I promised from all my heart.

(From today onwards you are our better half and we take the fire as witnesses and we promise that we will always hold your hand, no matter how difficult the situation is, no matter how bad the situation is, we will never leave you.)

The first round completed and then we again offered prayers, beginning to the second round, "Ham wada karte hai ki aapke pariwar ki Puri izzat karenge aur apna parivar manenge, Aap hamara adha ang hai aur ham aapki izzat ko apna gaurav manenge", I made the second promise.

(We promise to fully respect your family and treat them as our own. You're my better half and I will consider your respect as my pride.)

In the third round, "Ham Vada karte ki Aaj se aur abhi se hamare jeevan ki zimmedari pure dill se uthaenge" I promised her.

(We promise to take responsibility for our lives wholeheartedly from now on)

During the fourth round, "aap ki alava ham kisi aur stree ko ankh uthakar nahi dikhenge, har ladki hamare liye Behen ya maa saman hai,", I promised.

(Apart from you, we will not look at any other woman, every girl is like a sister or mother to us.)

As I always say.
I belong to only and only her.