1: RECAP

https://i.gifer.com/63tl.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

"Ugh, I'm so fricken late!" The grumble escaped me without thought as I stumbled down the Salvatores stairs, rushing to slip into my jacket, pants of exhaustion muffled by carrying the straps of my bag through my teeth.

"Woah!" Elena held her hands out to steady me, my rushing form narrowly avoiding crashing into her and Bonnie. "What do you mean you're late? School doesn't start for thirty minutes."

"Oh, I'm gonna be late for that," I brushed her words off while slinging my bag over my shoulder. "Feel free to warn Ric I'll miss his lesson, though I honestly don't think he'll care that much." What I'd actually be late for slapped me full force with the reminder of what day it was, "I gotta go, but I'll see you guys later." I fell into Damon's side with my frantic movements, pecking his cheek before hurrying through the door, grateful they were all too stunned to stop and question me.

I was lucky not to crash while driving to the Grill, though at least if I did the only real victims of my idiotic speed would be myself and a tree trunk. My eyes skittered over the limited crowd, narrowing on Jonas and Luka quietly talking in a corner booth. "Miss Jones," I was noticed quickly, not wasting any more time as I slid into the free space across from them.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"It's no worry, we were merely intrigued as to why you wanted to meet us so early and without any of your friends."

"Klaus got into town last night," both men's spines turned rigid in seconds. "I know you're probably eager, but I also know how smart you are. And as much as you might like to, no moves can be made until after The Ritual."

"We understand Miss Jones. Do your companions know he's here?"

"They'll know soon enough," I waved the issue off. "Anyway, I called you here to discuss our plan of action for tonight."

Luka frowned, "Tonight?"

"Damon and Stefan will call a miniature meeting after learning Klaus is in town and will be attending the dance tonight, obviously you'll both receive an invitation because they're under a mild delusion that they can take him out sooner rather than later. We need to play along with that."

Jonas' poker face never threatened to slip, "How?"

"Which of you took the power from the witches?"

"I did the transfer," Jonas volunteered.

"Does Damon know that?"

"He just knows it was successful, not which of us took on the power."

"Perfect," I couldn't hold back my smirk. "When we meet at the Salvatores I want you to make them all believe that Luka possesses the power, we'll correct them after the big show goes down--"