2: Choices

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/22/60/5b/22605be61dcb83ecb850c1e0604e9967.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

My foot tapped at the ground in an impatient manner as I relaxed against the dusty wall of the Salvatore holding cell. I'd only been waiting for the Original for a few hours but I was never the most patient of women. I always needed things done there and then; waiting for it was always too dull so I typically forced myself to become involved in the action so I didn't actually die of the lacking entertainment. That may sound dramatic, but you should know at this point how much I adore a flare for the dramatics. The Scooby gang had returned home, the Martin's informing them of my last-minute plan and stopping any trauma for my favorite Bennett and Gilbert...

The slightest twitch of Elijah's fingertips pulled me from my imagination unraveling, yet the thought of Elena owning the property that we were currently under reminded me he hadn't been invited in—FUCK!

I took a breath, once again thanking a past me for being smart enough to fuck up my body's chemistry through the engineering of witch spells and a full moon. I lugged him over my shoulder, rushing to my car and laying him across the back seats. I moved my bag from the trunk to the passenger's seat, offering the Boarding House one last wistful look before jumping behind the wheel and whizzing off. While I knew the Salvatore's could never truly hate me for being team Original—unless I gutted our favorite doppelgänger myself—it still felt as though I was crossing a line.

Something was going to change today and I didn't know what it was. And not knowing something for once was absolutely terrifying...

My car had just escaped the clutches of Wickery Bridge when Elijah gasped awake. "Morning sunshine, sleep alright?" His glare burned through me, "Now, don't play mister grumpy. I kept up my end of the deal; I promised you'd wake up eventually..." I passed him a blood bag, "That's 1 of 5, so drink up--And if ya really need it then my neck is willing, baby." My smile widened at the sound of his small chuckle, a reaction he tried too hard to hide when his eyes lit with amusement. The rest of the drive was silent, Elijah trying to wake up his body through the consumption of pre-packaged blood before I pulled into the driveway of the Lockwood estate. "I'm assuming you still got close to Carol when you were 'researching your book'?"

-TIME SKIP-

"Perfect fit," Elijah's voice murmured as he turned the corner, entering Carol's living room to find a tray of tea ready and waiting.

"Carol kindly set up drinks before she went out," I motioned towards the tea set. "Milk and sugar?" I raised a brow, a small smile contorting his lips.

"A dash of milk and no sugar, please."

"Should have known you wouldn't be a sweet tooth kinda guy..." I handed him his tea, "Now let's get to business, but first," I offered out the dagger and remaining white oak ash that was in our possession.