Chapter Two

I wasn’t looking forward to having a conversation with Jayson, he’s a real cocky asshole.. “Oh, hey.. Jayson. Yeah it’s been a while.” I said with a bored and uninterested tone in my voice. “Yeah, you look nice by the way, you um- well you look better than the last time I saw you. You know, more color in your eyes, and you look quite a bit more beautiful.” I know what he’s trying to do. He’s trying to win me back, he thinks I’m the same weak, and helpless girl I was when I was with him. Think again. “Yeah, thanks. You look nice too. If you’ll excuse me I was talking with the clerk here. It was nice seeing you again. Bye.”  I noticed it when his right eyebrow twitched, he doesn’t like being talked to like that, and I know it. So, I just smile, and turn back to the clerk, who I realize has a name tag on.

“Chase that’s a cute name.” I thought. “Oh, thanks. I’ll be sure to tell my mom you think she did a good job naming me.” Chase said with a sweet, yet cheeky smile. “I didn’t mean to say that out loud, sorry.” I could feel my face start to heat up. “That’s alright love, your name is beautiful too by the way. Kati. Is that short for something?” Chase asked. I couldn’t believe that he asked me that, nobody really asks that upon first meeting me. “I-uh. Um, Y-yeah. I mean yes Kati is short for Kathryn.” What is it with me stuttering with this guy?! I don’t stutter… “Oh Kati.” I hear from my left and realize that Jayson is still there, rolling my eyes I turn to face him. “Yes?” out of the corner of my eye I noticed Chase rolled his eyes, and gave a small pout. It was so adorable!

“I guess I’ll see you around then.” I hear Jayson say and I snap out of the small trance I was in, give him a small smile and wave, and then turn my attention back to Chase.  “If that’s all I guess I’ll see you around?” Chase asks with a hopeful smile. “Of course, yeah let me see your phone!” he hands me his phone. “You um forgot to unlock it.” I said. By then Chase wasn’t behind the counter anymore but right behind me and he reached around my shoulders to thumb in his four digit passcode. ‘3624’, I hadn’t meant to be rude and see it, he just happened to do it literally right in front of my face. Without questioning it I went straight to his contacts hit add new contact and proceeded to set up my contact for his phone.

Name: Kati<3

Number:757-470-6134

Birthday: January 7

After I was finished I handed him back his phone. “Hey thanks, let me text you real quick, so you get my texts.” After a couple of seconds, my phone dinged signifying that I had just received a message. ‘I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful you are when you get irritated. ;)-Chase’ I smiled and looked up to a Chase with a sloppy, yet cheeky smile upon his gorgeous face. “I don’t usually get irritated easily, but that was my ex and things kind of ended badly.” I explained, but before Chase could say anything my brother texted me telling me he was locked out of the house and needed a key urgently. “Chase, I hate to cut this short, but my brother is locked out of the house. I’ll text you when I get home so you know I got there safe.” With that I turned on my heel and rushed out to my car.

When I got home, sure enough, my brother, and his friends were outside. “You guys are not coming in my house like that! You’ll ruin my wood floors. I’ll go get towels and you guys can use my showers.” They were dripping wet, so I got them towels and shoed them to the showers, we had three, so three had to wait while the others showered. When the second group of my brother’s friends got into the showers I went to the kitchen and tried to find something worth eating. While making Mac and cheese, I get a text from Chase. I forgot to message him!

Chase: Heey! I hope you got home safe. I was also wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight?

Me: yeah, I got home safely, sorry I didn’t text you, I got busy. What are we going to do?

Chase: That’s alright, no harm, no foul! I was planning on going to the club.

Me: Yeah I'm down. Just give me like thirty minutes to get ready!

Chase: Okay where do you live??

I told him my address and ran to find an outfit. I wanted to look a little sexy, but no too much, I want to still look like me. So looking in my closet I find my leather jacket. Perfect! So looking I find some black jeggings, and a long-sleeved black shirt, noticing I need a tan under the shirt I grab the first on I see. Getting my make-up, I decide I should just keep it simple. Eyeliner, and mascara, a little red lipstick, and I’m done.

I decide to just keep my hair how it is and put on my outfit. I grab my boots and start to put them on when the doorbell rings. “I’ll get it!” I hear my brother yell. So I finish getting ready, I grab my red scarf and my purse and I’m walking down the stairs when I see my brother looking kind of  protective? “So where are you going tonight?” he asks. “Out with a friend, I’ll be back before it’s my bedtime, I promise!” I said while crossing over my heart with a big smile. “Alright, be safe.” “Will do big brother!” I kissed his cheek and walked out the door.

When I saw Chase I smiled, he kept things simple, I like it! Finally looking up he smiled, and I guessed realized what I was wearing, so he looked me up and down while walking towards me. Suddenly feeling small, as he looks at me, he kisses my cheek and takes my hand. We walked to Chase's car he opened the passenger side door for me allowing me to climb in. "Thank you" I said as I smiled. He went around to the other side and got into the car.

 "You look beautiful, by the way!" "You look good yourself" I smiled. As we drove I turned on the radio trying to find something worth listening to. “Anything in particular you want to listen to? Because I have CDs in the glove compartment, although I’m not sure you’d like my music.” “Well that’s alright, I’ll look anyways.” I grabbed the CD case and looked through it. Led Zeppelin, Asia, ACDC, Blink 182, Black Sabbath, he had the best taste in music ever! So grabbing a Black Sabbath CD, I put it in the player and wait.

“Which one did-“ he was interrupted by Children of the Grave. “Are you serious?” he asked with a smile splayed across his face. “Yeah I’m serious! Black Sabbath is the best! You’ve got a nice collection here too, by the way.” I said giving him a smile and a wink. “Hey thanks, it took me years to get all of them. My dad raised me on this stuff. Who introduced it to you?” “My older brother actually, at 16 my parents kicked him out, and I went to live with him, so I didn’t really know them as much, they always worked. But it’s okay, cause my brother took care of me and introduced me to some sick ass music!” I said with a huge smile. “I’ll say, you look great, and you’ve got a great personality!” he said making me blush.

“Hey, I’ve got an idea,” he said after a few moments of silence, “Why don’t we skip the club and I’ll take you to a little diner I know about. They make the best food that I know of.”  Contemplating for a moment, I decide why not? “Sure, yeah that’s okay” it was about ten o’clock when we go there, it was a small diner. Small, old, and kind of country, biker meeting place kind of diner. Chase parked the car turned to me and said “You ready?”

A/N: So this chapter is longer than the last, and I changed quite a bit, but Comment, vote and share with your friends! I won’t be updating until Monday or Tuesday. Have a great weekend before Christmas! And if you celebrate something else, please don’t take offence to my saying Merry Christmas. Picture on the side is Kati’s outfit.