Identity

It's been a few weeks, Alejandro couldn't wait anymore, he had to do the testing on himself, and hoped his research partner wouldn't catch him doing so. He had obviously known him for a while, but he was unsure if he was really.. trustworthy with the information that he was really Spider-man. He had to do it before Harry had arrived, because for some reason, despite the fact they both get off shift at the same time, Harry didn't leave until a little after Alejandro.

Alejandro decided to arrive about 30 minutes early, that should be enough to get a quick scan of his DNA. He stepped out of the elevator, walking to his office. He glanced around, before setting down his bag and walking over to a cabinet. He grabbed a syringe, a pair of gloves, and a thick rubber band. He quickly turned on his computer. He prepped the disposable syringe, grabbed the rubber band and rolled up his sleeve to snap it on, and he massaged his arm to make a vein pop out of it. He bit down on his cheek slightly, closing his eyes as he slowly pushed the needle into his thick vein. He felt the pinch, it really didn't hurt, but it was harder to push a needle into yourself than actually having someone else do it to you. He pulled out a small sample of his blood, huffing as he pulled out the syringe carefully. He sat it down gently, looking around for the first aid kit that sat on the wall, and he popped the tabs open and opened it. He snatched a bandage and closed it. He peeled the bandaid free of the paper covers, lightly bandaging his arm, and throwing away the trash in the trash can underneath his desk. He pulled off the rubber band and threw it away along with the paper. He looked at his arm, squinting slightly. He used one of his gloved hands to quickly yank out one of his arm hairs, knowing it would also be another way of collecting data. He sat the hair on one of those glass planes used for microscopes. Alejandro glanced at the needle halfway-full of his blood.

He transferred the blood to a capsule, slightly swerving the bottle of it. He walked over to a machine and slid the test tube into a small opening meant for it. He pressed a button, and heard it whir. He was given an estimated time of around 5 minutes for it to be finished with its analysis. In the meantime, he went ahead and looked into his arm hair underneath the scope.

It was.. slightly serrated, it almost looked like a wheat growing in some field. Alejandro's eyebrows slightly furrowed, humming loudly as he looked at it, trying to understand it. He really didn't know what to do with this information. He tapped his fingers lightly against the counter-top, sighing a bit as he tried to comprehend what he really was. He wasn't really a pure human anymore, and that was a bit hard to take in. He looked at the machine across his office, seeing that it still had 2 minutes left. Alejandro stood in front of it, guarding it with his life. He didn't need someone to walk by when he technically wasn't clocked in for his shift as he was early. He closed his eyes, sighing as he had to think. He crossed his arms together, it's not affecting him negatively, at least not yet.

"Woah, you're here early." Harry spoke, walking inside their glass cubicle. He walked to his desk, stretching somewhat before setting down his smaller sized bag to hang off his chair. Alejandro stared in horror. He held his breath, but before he could speak, Harry spoke again. "..Is that on?" He asked, looking over his shoulder and at the machine he stood in front of. He knew Harry wasn't deaf, he couldn't play it off. He had to be.. partially honest. "I-I uh.. got curious about my blood type." Alejandro spoke, and Harry stared at him. "..Right." He mumbled, Alejandro wasn't weird like this, he's deliberately hiding something, or maybe he was just.. paranoid. "Need help?" He asked, but Alejandro was defensive. "N-Nah.. It's just blood right? I don't think I'll need help for that, hah.." He laughed awkwardly. The machine suddenly beeped, signifying its completion. Alejandro quickly turned around, looking at what it displayed on the screen. Somehow, the machine was confused. It flashed two colors for a few seconds, before displaying what it saw. Alejandro hissed in an 'ouch' kinda way at what it displayed, Harry tilting his head to get a proper angle before completely walking over. Alejandro heard his footsteps against the tile, and reacted by covering the screen with his hand. Harry didn't find this particularly funny, huffing slightly. "What do you have to hide? It can't be anything crazy, it's just your blood!" He stated, and Alejandro bit down on his lip, his senses going off like crazy. He couldn't tell him. "W-Well uh..! I-I have a disease!" He said, but moved a hand to hover over his mouth, knowing that sounded weird. Harry rolled his eyes, "W-Well.. if that's the case then we should look at it." Harry said, pushing Alejandro out of the way and looked at the screen. Alejandro gritted his teeth, he didn't know what to do, he was easily overwhelmed at his defeat. This was easily preventable.