chapter 6

"Wang Yibo! How is that possible? How many times is the same person going to be reported dead? Didn't the oldest Wang son die in the car accident with his mom?"

Zhan couldn't believe that the man who is known as Mr Lang is actually Wang Yibo.

Did the director know? It can't be a coincidence that he named him Mr Lang when his real name is Wang. That is way too close, even for a guess. He just changed one letter.

Zhan had many thoughts racing in his mind. He recalled that when he was in school, there were huge controversies about the car accident that Yibo and his mom were involved in.

Many people were speculating that there was foul play involved. For starters, Mrs Wang never drove herself, and on that day, she was driving her car. Second, she had no body guards accompanying her. Thirdly, most witnesses said her driving was erratic, like someone being chased. Unfortunately, she ran into a truck, which also seemed suspicious. The driver of the truck ran away, so he never gave a statement.

From that day, the news reports were flooding every news outlet with reports of the passing of Mrs Wang and the Wang heir to the Wang empire.

How is he still alive?

Zhan was hit with a realization that even though the man was awake, the mysteries surrounding him still continued to deepen.

Someone wants this man dead, and they are willing to go to any lengths necessary to achieve that goal.

Somehow, the words Yibo said earlier started to make more sense to Zhan. Yibo really can not be moved to the rehabilitation center. The rehabilitation center was not as controlled as the hospital. Many people go in and out of the center unaccounted for. What if someone comes in and does harm to Yibo.

The only issue is that Zhan knows he can not keep Yibo in the ward he is in right now without drawing unnecessary attention.

He decided that it would be better to call the director and address the issue. He also decided not to mention anything about Yibo's identity because he really didn't know who to trust.

The phone didn't ring long before the director picked up.

"Good evening, director."

"Good evening, Dr. Xiao. Did anything happen at the hospital?"

"No, sorry to call you on your day off. Nothing happened. I just have a minor issue that I would love to pick your brain on."

"OK, I am all ears."

"Well, so the thing is Mr Lang has mostly recovered, and according to you, he needs to be transferred to the rehabilitation center, right?"

"Right, this is based on our initial conversation about keeping things around him as normal and possible."

"Yes, that's correct. I am just a bit worried about sending him to the rehabilitation center. I am not sure if that is the safest place for him to be, but I unfortunately dont have a great plan as to what to do about him."

"Now that I think about it, that makes sense, Dr. Xiao. The center has a lot of traffic going in and out. Someone might recognize him and cause problems."

"We can't keep him here, and we can't transfer him to the center. What do we do with him then?"

"We never thought through that, so I also don't really know...unless..."

"Unless what?"

"Well, because we are the only two that know about his existence, and we still need to keep it between the two of us. You take him to your house."