Perparing A Meal And Serving The Emperor

Chapter 10:

It was an early morning day like any other. Eun Won was woken by Kim Na-Ri and a servant from the kitchen walking into her room.

"Mistress, it is time to wake up. The emperor requested that you make a meal and personally serve him in his chambers" said Kim Na-Ri. Groaning Eun Won sat up in bed and yawned.

She got up and went to the bathroom where Na-Ri prepared a warm bath. When she was done, she got into a light blue dress and braided her hair. Kim Na-Ri and Kang Eun Won both went to the kitchen.

Arriving in the kitchen, she decided to make Kung Pao Chicken. A spicy, stir-fried dish made with cubes of chicken, peanuts, vegetables and chilli peppers, and Sichuan peppercorns. Everything was perfect, just like her mother taught her. When she was done, she placed the dish in a container that kept the food warm. She gathered the food and walked out of the kitchen. She walked along the pathway to the emperor's chambers. The pathway was covered in flowers, decorating the scenery with colour.

Arriving at the emperor's chamber, she knocked on the door. " Come in" said a male voice. Walking in, her feet could be heard against the polished wooden floors. Soft and elegant. The emperor's chambers were bigger than her room.

At the back of the room was a big bed. Next to his bed in the corner of the room was a desk where papers and an ink pen were placed.She placed the container on a small round table in the middle of the room. She packed the dish on the table and placed chopsticks next to the dish. She put the container on one of the chairs next to the table.

Yu-Jun stood up from the desk that he was working on and walked over to the table where the food was placed. He took a seat and started to eat. He was amazed by the taste of the dish, and he said, "The taste is perfect." Eun Won served him some tea. " You look-alike Eun Won, who taught you how to cook?" asked Yu-Jun. Eun Won was offended by his words because she was the real Eun Won, but she couldn't tell him that. She almost answered him sarcastically, but she held her tongue and said " My mother taught me everything about cooking and baking." She seemed like a great mother, just like my mother." said Yu-Jun. Eun Won just nodded her head, not knowing what to reply.

When Yu-Jun was done eating, he went back to his desk to do some royal business. "Come grind some ink for me" asked Yu-Jun. Eun Won poured the water onto the ink stone. Then she holds the ink stick firmly near the end, to grind it, and starts grinding the stick in small circles against the grinding surface. There was a slight frown on her forehead as she focused on grinding ink for Yu-Jun to use. Yu-Jun took a few glances at the look-alike Eun Won. He seemed to get used to how beautiful she was and noticed the slight frown on her forehead as she focused. All he wanted to do was take his fingers and make the frown go away. He noticed how she would pout when she couldn't grind the big one down."Could she be Eun Won, I have been looking for" I thought.

Yu-Jun's point of view stops.

__________________________________

As the day went by, the sun began to slowly go under. Eun Won became tired and excused herself to go back to her room. Arriving at her room, food was prepared for her. When she was done, she took a warm bath and got dressed in warm clothes. She went to bed. She was wide wake after the bath and couldn't fall asleep. She started to think back on today's events. She wondered if Yu-Jun thought about her. Would he know that she was the real Eun Won? She started to fall asleep without noticing it.