Her-Hangover..

The next morning was beautiful, with the sunrays bouncing into my room through the window. The mornings after a rainy night are really pleasant. With my eyes partially open, I smiled to myself, recalling the previous night. I managed to pull myself up, sat on the bed and turned to see myself in the mirror, still smiling. Then I asked my reflection, "still in her hangover, huh?"

And what a night it was. If a hypothetical kiss could give so much pleasure, what would a practical one be like, I wondered. Then I decided to call her up - to tease her for all she ended up doing the night before.

She picked up the phone in her sleep and asked, "My baby is awake?" 

"Aah...you kill me when you talk so sweet."

"Really?"

"Hmm..."

"But I am still sleepy and want to return to my dreams again," she said.

Mischievously, I shouted at her, "Sleep? I am here to wake you up! Do you even remember what all you said to a guy last night? I mean, I wonder how you could be so open and bold, forcing me to say all that. You know I was struggling to get over the embarrassment. I never thought you would cross all the boundaries of shyness, ethical values..."

I had not yet finished my speech when she woke up completely and shouted back at me, "Aye...Haye...you guys! how cunning you are, my God! All you boys are alike. The lines you said just now should be mine actually. You stole my lines just because I was sleepy. You crossed all your boundaries and pulled me to the other side as well. How could you do that? You guys play so smart with innocent girls like me..."

"Hey," I said, interrupting, trying to calm her down. But she kept going like an opposition party's representation on some News channel's Big fight. 

"....All you guys are like chameleons, changing your colour when required...you..."

And I was trying to recall where I had heard about chameleons. Probably in Biology. Was it some kind of flower which changed colour at night and returned to its original color in the mornings? I think it was something else. I wasn't that good with bio.

Keeping the chameleon at bay, I tried to interrupt again, "Okay...honey, listen to me."

"...And only you boys want to talk like this, we girls never..." She was not through yet.

"Hey...." I said, but she was completely ignoring me "...And you know what? All you boys..."

"OK ENOUGH!" I shouted, "YOU KNOW WHAT? THAT HALF AN HOUR LAST NIGHT IS SO PRECIOUS TO ME, THAT I AM READY TO DIE A HUNDRED DEATHS TO ENJOY THAT AGAIN WITH YOU....AND JUST YOU." This time, she heard every word loud and clear. I continued, "Because it was so sweet, so loving, and so beautiful. And I am so happy that you trust me enough to allow me to get so close to you. And I want to say that....I love you too much."

And she melted like an ice-cream in summer.

"Really?" Her innocent, sweet voice was calm now.

"Really. I will wait for our special evening to come true this way. Just make sure that you don't put on a lot of lipstick."

"Shut up," she said shyly.