Chapter Ten

The restaurant is super fancy, and I feel underdressed in my Black Veil Brides outfit and my Pot Leaf Belly Button trying exposed. I shrug and keep it moving. Andy is to my right, Ashley to my left, with his arm around my shoulders. My mom and brother walk ahead with Mrs. Beirsak, Jinxx, Jake and CC.
People are starting at us, but we don't care. I could get used to this.
We sit down, and I'm still in the middle of Andy and Ashley. We get to ordering our food and my mom is happily chatting with Andy's mom. Daniel is pouting, and glaring at everyone and I think they've all caught on that he hates people like us. I sigh, slide down and kick Daniel. He glares at me and I smile "Come with me, now."
He rolls his eyes, but gets up and follows me outside. I push him into the wall and pin him there, and in this moment I'm stronger than him, because I am pissed.
"Why do you have to be so rude to my friends? They are trying so hard to be nice to you! I'm sorry that you hate me, and that we don't have a relationship, but don't take it out on them!"
He scowls "I hate you? No I hate that you dress like that, and act like your abused, and I hate that I can't have a normal sister like I used to."
"I am normal, fuck face, and you better believe it! What isn't normal is that I have a shit head brother who is so stuck on the fact his sister isn't as perfect as him that he won't even talk to her! What the hell? I try to be nice to you, I've tried talking to you, and you don't care! I have Depression, and so help me god, those guys in there saved my life, not them really, but people like them, bands like them. So FUCK YOU DANIEL."
He looks down at his feet "I--"
A guy passes stops walking and shakes his head "Ma'am, is there a problem?"
I wrote some years away "No, just talking to someone who is supposed to be my brother, except he doesn't care about me at all." The man pats my back.
Then looks at Daniel and says "Look man, this is your sister, it's not your job to tell her how to handle herself or tell her who she needs to be. It's your job to be there for her when she needs you, and to be supportive of her. If you treat her like shit, how do you expect her to ever care about you, or be there to take care of you when your sick? This is your only sister?"
Daniel nods, his lip quivering.
"Then... This really is your only chance... What about when your mother passes? Your gonna be alone..."
Daniel starts crying quietly.
I look at the man "Thanks, but that's enough.."
He nods and walks off. I turn and hug Daniel and I'm surprised when he hugs me back. The door opens and my mom walks out and pauses when she sees us. "Oh...could my day get any better? I think this is the first hug I've seen from you two in years..."
Me and Daniel laugh and Daniel smiles "We worked out differences out.."