୨୧ Chapter Three ~ Mirror, Mirror On The Wall ୨୧

*ೃ༄꒰ঌ ໒꒱*ೃ༄

Both Grace and Ophelia had already fallen asleep but Serena just couldn't, she just laid there for what seemed like an eternity. Serena then looked over at the ticking clock which showed 1.07 AM, the spooky hour as she used to call it.

Serena decided to go downstairs to get a glass of warm milk, she read that warm milk makes you fall asleep easier. Serena made sure to not look at any mirrors while walking through the upstairs corridor.

It felt so weird, so out of touch with reality. It seemed like the walls just grew longer and longer with every step she took and the floor became colder and colder underneath her bare feet.

Serena didn't understand what was going on. Maybe she had eaten something bad on her way to the Woodshine farm and she was just hallucinating from food poisoning. She got goosebumps all over her body. Serena didn't know what food poisoning looked like as she never had it before.

Then she saw it, a red glowing light coming from underneath the upstairs bathroom door.

Serena could hear the wooden floor cracking with every single step she took. Her legs and arms were shaking but something inside of her just made her open that door. It let out a loud crack. Hopefully Serena hadn't woken up anyone.

She looked around the bathroom but nothing seemed out of place until she accidentally looked into the mirror. Everyone knows that you're not supposed to look into a mirror in the middle of the night but she still did it even though it wasn't on purpose.

There was a necklace, a red heart full of tiny red crystals all over it just hanging there, floating in mid air. It was the necklace Serena had gotten from her mother when she was just an infant, the one she used to have around her neck.
But this time it wasn't around her neck nor was it visible in the bathroom where it should be, she could only see it in the mirror.

Serena decided to get closer to the mirror.

The necklace had a small hole in the middle which was shaped like a heart. It was a tiny red heart, nothing could fit into it but it was so beautiful.

Serena felt like she was hypnotized by its beauty but she couldn't help it but she just wanted to get that necklace back. She wanted it back around her neck, the way her mother put it many years ago.

She reached her hand out and could feel the cold glass from the mirror underneath her fingertips.

Suddenly the image changed. There was no necklace in the mirror anymore. There was just a lady, a blonde mysterious lady with a long blonde Rapunzel like fishtail braid in her hair. She was an adult but she wasn't old, maybe around thirty to forty years old. The lady was very beautiful.

Serena felt like she was dreaming even though she knew she was awake.

Then out of nowhere the lady fell onto her back. Maybe she tripped over a rock or something bit her in that cave she was in.
Blood came, blood came out from the tiny heart shaped hole in the middle of the beautiful red necklace but the lady didn't look dead in fact she looked perfectly fine.

The lady turned her head and looked deep into Serena's eyes with a big smile on her face. But it wasn't a cute and nice smile, it was a creepy "I know something you don't or be afraid" kind of smile that just grew bigger and bigger the longer Serena starred.
Then Serena jumped up as she woke up from that little dream of hers were she didn't recognize that face in the mirror.

There was no mysterious lady laying on the ground. It was her, Serena was the one laying in that cave.

Serena tried to move but it was impossible. She was stuck, her fingers were stuck to the mirror like someone super glued them onto the mirror.

She started screaming at the top of her lungs but no one could hear her and no one came to her rescue. Serena didn't give up easily, she kept yelling and pulling her hands but nothing happened. Tears started rolling down her cheeks out of fear.

When a tear dropped down onto the wooden floor her hands were free. Serena went flying backwards and she felt free like a bird flying over the ocean before she landed and hit her head.

Serena quickly opened her eyes again and she was back but this time she was back in the room with Ophelia and Grace.
Both of them were still asleep. It was just a dream but it felt so real.

Serena was so afraid of closing her eyes again. She was afraid that she would be back in the bathroom.

Serena felt for her neck to make sure that the silver chain with that beautiful read heart was still there. Luckily the necklace was exactly where her mother had put it all those seventeen years ago.

*ೃ༄꒰ঌ ໒꒱*ೃ༄

AUTHORS NOTE📝📖:
This is one of my shorter chapters but even though it's so short a lot happened in it. My poor little Serena😭
Also sorry for not posting yesterday but I was out all weekend with my friends.

Word count:
901